iPhone simlock help!

ItzRuben

Hi,

I have to try to unlock an iPhone simlock and I was wondering if it's hardware-based or software-based. Can someone explain it to me? thank you in advance!

(I can’t get my words smaller sorry...)

6 minutes ago, ItzRuben said:

Hi,

I have to try to unlock an iPhone simlock and I was wondering if it's hardware-based or software-based. Can someone explain it to me? thank you in advance!

(I can’t get my words smaller sorry...)

If you mean physically getting the sim card out you just push a paper clip into the small hole found directly beneath the sim card slot.

You get a SIM key, and insert it into the sim hole, until it pops out. Fairly straight forward.

hi.

1 hour ago, AskTJ said:

You get a SIM key, and insert it into the sim hole, until it pops out. Fairly straight forward.

1 hour ago, Oryzaki said:

If you mean physically getting the sim card out you just push a paper clip into the small hole found directly beneath the sim card slot.

I didn’t mean how to physically get it out... but if an simlock is something in the hardware or software

1 minute ago, ItzRuben said:

If i understand correcetly im pretty sure thats its a software lock 

4 hours ago, Oryzaki said:

If i understand correcetly im pretty sure thats its a software lock 

Ah okay so maybe I can delete it? Its an board from the USA and I live in the Netherlands so trying sim card’s isnt an option... I am currently in the “hello” screen from my iPhone 6 so i have to setup the iPhone with an sim card... Is there any way how I can set up the phone without a sim?

5 hours ago, ItzRuben said:

Ah okay so maybe I can delete it? Its an board from the USA and I live in the Netherlands so trying sim card’s isnt an option... I am currently in the “hello” screen from my iPhone 6 so i have to setup the iPhone with an sim card... Is there any way how I can set up the phone without a sim?

No, its locked by the US carrier, however, some countries don't allow this and if your is one of them you should be able to have it unlocked. Sorry for the late response but I went to bed after my last comment. 

20 hours ago, Oryzaki said:

No, its locked by the US carrier, however, some countries don't allow this and if your is one of them you should be able to have it unlocked. Sorry for the late response but I went to bed after my last comment. 

But the main problem is, I am stuck currently in the hello screen, I am from The Netherlands so i can't try simcards from the US... I don't know which carrier the iPhone is locked to. And you have tu set up your iPhone with a simcard so yeah, I don't know what to do... 

11 hours ago, ItzRuben said:

But the main problem is, I am stuck currently in the hello screen, I am from The Netherlands so i can't try simcards from the US... I don't know which carrier the iPhone is locked to. And you have tu set up your iPhone with a simcard so yeah, I don't know what to do... 

If you can get a model number off the device or some other info like off a sticker on the phone you might be able to figure out what carrier. That being said however, most US carriers have hoops you have to jump thru to get devices unlocked. This is why you dont buy phones in the US. Because most of us poor American's cant afford a several hundred dollar device, so we finance it, but doing this means its locked to the network we are connected to. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

On 19-6-2018 at 4:33 AM, Donut417 said:

If you can get a model number off the device or some other info like off a sticker on the phone you might be able to figure out what carrier. That being said however, most US carriers have hoops you have to jump thru to get devices unlocked. This is why you dont buy phones in the US. Because most of us poor American's cant afford a several hundred dollar device, so we finance it, but doing this means its locked to the network we are connected to. 

Hey, I fixed it already (-:

Just gamble which carrier and it works!

But thank you for your reply (-: