Watercooling loop layout, radiator size, and case airflow question

Hey all -

I just graduated with my Masters, and I'm planning on building a new PC as a present to myself. This time, I know I want to watercool, and I plan to use the EK Fluid Gaming setup as a base. That said, I know I want an additional radiator to help keep things nice and chilly - so my question is, what extra radiator should I get? I have two basic plans, and a terrible MS Paint line drawing of each is attached. Basically, I'm trying to decide between grabbing an extra 240 and throwing it on the top of the case or getting a 120 and putting it on the rear exhaust. I plan to get the Phanteks Enthoo Pro M, which I know supports both layouts.

There's only about a $20 US difference in the rads, but that's still $20 I could spend somewhere else. Further, if I go for the dual 240s, I'm worried about airflow - The current plan is to use the front rad as an intake and the top as an exhaust, but using the rear exhaust as normal would be a great way to get negative pressure and invite dust, dirt, and pet hair. The problem is there isn't much else I can think of when using this case to add airflow in. With the 120 solution, I could intake through the top as well, creating positive pressure, but I'm worried the 120 rad isn't really enough to cool a cpu (I'm looking at a Ryzen 2600x or 2700x).

Any help would be appreciated!

Cooling Setup 1.png

Cooling Setup 2.png

I would suggest dual 240 (both intake) and back as exhaust (yes, that can work pretty good).

And be aware that loop order doesn't matter, no need to put a rad between CPU adn GPU.

9 hours ago, Dschijn said:

And be aware that loop order doesn't matter, no need to put a rad between CPU adn GPU.

Thanks for that tip! I didn't know that, and I'll keep it in mind when I put the system together.

Just make the loop the way you like. Only rule: reservoir before pump