Best way to do 2 gamers 1 cpu

Hi guys , i have a pc that i think is powerful enough to run this temporarily , just for fun . i have an r9 290 and a gtx 970 , 16gb of ram(1600mhz) , an i7-4960x and a gigabyte ga-x79-up4 rev 1.1. 

What would be the best way to go about this ? Do i do what linus did ? Or is there a better/easier way ?

Thanks for your help guys. :)

Linus already did this, check out his video.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

22 hours ago, Overbuilder said:

Hi guys , i have a pc that i think is powerful enough to run this temporarily , just for fun . i have an r9 290 and a gtx 970 , 16gb of ram(1600mhz) , an i7-4960x and a gigabyte ga-x79-up4 rev 1.1. 

What would be the best way to go about this ? Do i do what linus did ? Or is there a better/easier way ?

Thanks for your help guys. :)

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PCI_passthrough_via_OVMF

(and 

)

if (c->x86_vendor != X86_VENDOR_AMD)

setup_force_cpu_bug(X86_BUG_CPU_INSECURE);

There isn't an easier way, but there are ways that don't involve paying for an Unraid license. You could try it on Arch with the link provided by @Filthyscum or you could try Fedora which I hear has some sort of automated setup for this.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

If you are not going with unraid then you need to be careful with the hypervisor that you choose to use. Nvidia drivers will block themselves from executing if they detect they are running inside a VM, you will get a code 43 error in device manager. The only way around this is to hide the hypervisors sigrature from the guest and the only one that i have been able to find that does this is kvm. Not sure if AMD has a similar kind of limitation

You also don't need to use a hypervisor at all.

Xorg can do this by itself. Search around for X11 multi-seat.

"Only proprietary software vendors want proprietary software." - Dexter's Law

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/18/2018 at 2:16 AM, Sauron said:

There isn't an easier way, but there are ways that don't involve paying for an Unraid license. You could try it on Arch with the link provided by @Filthyscum or you could try Fedora which I hear has some sort of automated setup for this.

Fedora is actually pretty sweet to set this up on; Install it - do sudo dnf update then do sudo dnf install @virtualization

Can have a full system up with a gaming vm setup in a few hours (if you have ideal hardware, i.e not Vega or Threadripper)

The Arch wiki is still a go-to, even if you do not use Arch. Some minor diffrences, like the mkinitcpio isnt used on Fedora (dracut etc.), other than that it explains the concepts and methods in great detail.

https://passthroughpo.st is also a good resource.

if (c->x86_vendor != X86_VENDOR_AMD)

setup_force_cpu_bug(X86_BUG_CPU_INSECURE);

• 2 weeks later...

I know how to do two girls and one guy if you know what I mean.... 

Sudo make me a sandwich