So I’m going to be buying and building my first pc this week. But I wanted some opinions about it and if anyone see anything wrong or that I should change.

Budget: $3000-$3500

Aim: Gaming, Streaming, Web Browsing, and some video editing from my streaming to be clear. It’s an Entertainment system for me.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/TqrkfH

• i7 8700k 3.7GHz 6 core
  • Thermaltake - Floe Riing RGB 360 TT Premium Edition 42.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
  • Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut 1g
  • Asus ROG MAXIMUS X HERO (WI-FI AC)
  • G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
  • Samsung - 970 Pro 1.0TB M.2-2280 SSD
  • EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB FTW3 HYBRID GAMING Video Card
  • Thermaltake - Core V71 ATX Full Tower Case
  • EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
  • Windows 10 Pro
  • I haven’t decided. Capture card, Sound Card if I even need one, and a 1080p monitor

Anyone that helps thanks! Means a lot to me. Been waiting, saving, and excessively researching my parts for a few years now.

Intel is making an 8 core mainstream chip, I wouldn't get an 8700k. If you're going to blow lots on fans, get proper ones instead of rgb. I know it's an AIO kit, but those aren't that fantastic.. especially at that price. You can always use LED strips if you want lighting. 

Also not sure about that storage choice. 1TB isn't a lot of storage if this is intended to be top of the line gaming PC.

For streaming and other core heavy loads the 2700x will suit you better. Its extra cores and better sqedualer makes it better than the 8700k at streaming an other core heavy loads while not loosing much in gaming. Unless you wait untill fall, the 2700x is going to be better option

7 minutes ago, Mooshi said:

Intel is making an 8 core mainstream chip, I wouldn't get an 8700k. If you're going to blow lots on fans, get proper ones instead of rgb. I know it's an AIO kit, but those aren't that fantastic.. especially at that price. You can always use LED strips if you want lighting. 

Also not sure about that storage choice. 1TB isn't a lot of storage if this is intended to be top of the line gaming PC.

I plan to buy more storage in the future but for starting I figured this would do. Also I plan to make it a custom water loop in the future as well but same with storage. For starting I thought it would be good enough. If I were to get colorless fans I’d probably go with noctua 

11 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

For streaming and other core heavy loads the 2700x will suit you better. Its extra cores and better sqedualer makes it better than the 8700k at streaming an other core heavy loads while not loosing much in gaming. Unless you wait untill fall, the 2700x is going to be better option

I’ve been told this before that AMD is the way to go with gaming. But I haven’t used AMD in a computer in so long I’m a bit nervous to try them. It is a lot of money. I should note I play game consoles too and I’ve seen them run on there so that doesn’t help :/

1 minute ago, Lordreaper12 said:

I’ve been told this before that AMD is the way to go with gaming. But I haven’t used AMD in a computer in so long I’m a bit nervous to try them. It is a lot of money.

8700k is the way to go when gaming, but if streaming is involved the 2700x gives a better experience. 

AMD made a comeback with their Ryzen linup.  The 2700x is rather close to the 8700k in pure gaming to the point where the difference is negligable. 

Another upside is that you can keep the current mobo and ram and upgrade to a new CPU in 2020 with a simple BIOS update. Something you wont be able to do with Intel. 

Next gen Ryzen is expecting roughly 4,5-5ghz clocks with a core increase from 8-12 (8-16 depending on what rumours come to life)

7 minutes ago, Lordreaper12 said:

I’ve been told this before that AMD is the way to go with gaming. But I haven’t used AMD in a computer in so long I’m a bit nervous to try them. It is a lot of money. I should note I play game consoles too and I’ve seen them run on there so that doesn’t help :/

If you follow this logic you will never get an AMD chip regardless of how much better value they offer for your workload.

10 minutes ago, Lordreaper12 said:

. I should note I play game consoles too and I’ve seen them run on there so that doesn’t help :/

Consoles use a different chips design from a different era. Ryzen is new and different from the Jaguar cores you find in consoles. 

The console operate on the fact that they only want 30fps. 

I think you will be pleasently suprised by how far Ryzen have come from the FX linup they had half a decade ago. 

44 minutes ago, Lordreaper12 said:

a 1080p monitor

You'e not playing 1080p with those specs are you?

3 minutes ago, Verrierr said:

If you follow this logic you will never get an AMD chip regardless of how much better value they offer for your workload.

Well the saying goes “people usually don’t like change” but if facts proves I won’t ignore it

3 minutes ago, Supportsneedlove said:

I agree. He should be getting a high refreshrate G-sync 1440p at some point. Or now with this build.

We can optimize it for the given workload and open up the budget for that monitor. Without the loss of performance

6 minutes ago, Supportsneedlove said:

That’s actually a good question. I figured I get two different monitors for there specific job 1080p and a 4K . I figured thinking logically that 1080p would be more optimal for streaming for a 6 core more then 4k. And use 4K for playing things I’m not streaming or even movies. But like I said in my post I’m still undecided maybe 2k might be a option. I have to do more research

Well the saying goes “people usually don’t like change” but if facts proves I won’t ignore it

Ryzen has been out in the wild for quite a while now. The platform is considered mature as far as I can tell. One could say that it's already proven itself. And it does seem to be a better solution for you for reasons mentioned by @GoldenLag

That’s actually a good question. I figured I get two different monitors for there specific job 1080p and a 4K . I figured thinking logically that 1080p would be more optimal for streaming for a 6 core more then 4k. And use 4K for playing things I’m not streaming or even movies. But like I said in my post I’m still undecided maybe 2k might be a option. I have to do more research

When streaming you will be using OBS with a stream ouput of 1080p. Doesnt matter what resolution the monitor or the game is. Since OBS uses the CPU you should be grabbing a 8 core 2700x. Its simply better for the workload and has a better upgrade path down the line.

Grab a 2K monitor with high refreshrate 100-144hz and Gsync

That’s actually a good question. I figured I fed two different monitors for there specific job 1080p and a 4K . I figured thinking logically that 1080p would be more optimal for streaming for a 6 core more then 4k. And use 4K for playing things I’m not streaming or even movies. But like I said in my post I’m still undecided maybe 2k might be a option. I have to do more research

Disregarding other problems with what you said just now, you could just run a 4k monitor in 1080p 

3 minutes ago, Verrierr said:

Disregarding other problems with what you said just now, you could just run a 4k monitor in 1080p 

The thing is. When streaming using the CPU for encoding. The resolution of the game doesnt matter. OBS will encode 1080p fotage for the stream. He can run a 4K monitor while streaming with a  streamoutput of 1080p

Or am i missing something?

Edited by GoldenLag

1 minute ago, GoldenLag said:

The thing is. When streaming using the CPU for encoding. The resolution of the game doesnt matter. OBS will encode 1080p fotage for the stream. He can run a 4K monitor while streaming at 4K with a streamoutput of 1080p

He can but it will be a heavier load for the CPU because of the downscaling of resolution. Although a top of the line modern chip with 6 cores or more should handle this kind of workload without breaking a sweat.

OP ill see what i can fit in th budget while keeping the looks

8 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

The thing is. When streaming using the CPU for encoding. The resolution of the game doesnt matter. OBS will encode 1080p fotage for the stream. He can run a 4K monitor while streaming at 4K with a streamoutput of 1080p

The only reason I wanted two different monitors was cause in one of Linus vid he said that playing a 4K monitor but running a lower resolution on it you would lose performance. And that you should run a monitor that it was made for

8 minutes ago, Lordreaper12 said:

The only reason I wanted two different monitors was cause in one of Linus vid he said that playing a 4K monitor but running a lower resolution on it you would loss performance. And that you should run a monitor that is was made for

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/qtyMCb
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/qtyMCb/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7GHz 8-Core Processor  ($319.79 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: Thermaltake - Floe Riing RGB 360 TT Premium Edition 42.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($175.12 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Asus - ROG Crosshair VII Hero (Wi-Fi) ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($280.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($367.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung - 970 Pro 1.0TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($497.99 @ B&H) 
Storage: Seagate - BarraCuda Pro 6TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($218.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Video Card: Zotac - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB AMP Edition Video Card  ($778.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($105.53 @ Newegg) 
Monitor: Acer - XB271HU bmiprz 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor  ($599.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $3345.38
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-06-14 06:05 EDT-0400

something i put together. there are a few optimizations that would make it possiblt fit another monitor.

i dont know of any loss any loss when running at lower than the monitor was made for. 

7 minutes ago, Lordreaper12 said:

The only reason I wanted two different monitors was cause in one of Linus vid he said that playing a 4K monitor but running a lower resolution on it you would loss performance. And that you should run a monitor that is was made for

Post the video if you can, I'd like to verify. Also as I understand it, you're getting a 4k display anyway so how about you try if it works and then buy that 1080 if it doesn't? I'm gonna make a bet right now that you will quickly figure out yourself that you don't need that 1080 anyway.

10 minutes ago, Lordreaper12 said:

The only reason I wanted two different monitors was cause in one of Linus vid he said that playing a 4K monitor but running a lower resolution on it you would lose performance. And that you should run a monitor that it was made for

There shouldnt be any loss in performance. He might have been talking about downscaling, which wont affect you when streaming at 1080p while playing at 4K or 1440p. In fact it should look better

12 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/qtyMCb
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/qtyMCb/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7GHz 8-Core Processor  ($319.79 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: Thermaltake - Floe Riing RGB 360 TT Premium Edition 42.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($175.12 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Asus - ROG Crosshair VII Hero (Wi-Fi) ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($280.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($367.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung - 970 Pro 1.0TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($497.99 @ B&H) 
Storage: Seagate - BarraCuda Pro 6TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($218.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Video Card: Zotac - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB AMP Edition Video Card  ($778.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($105.53 @ Newegg) 
Monitor: Acer - XB271HU bmiprz 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor  ($599.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $3345.38
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-06-14 06:05 EDT-0400

something i put together. there are a few optimizations that would make it possiblt fit another monitor.

i dont know of any loss any loss when running at lower than the monitor was made for. 

I don’t know if it shows but the change in the power supply isn’t a option since I already bought it. Also I would really like to keep the water cooled video card since I do plan to overclock it and it does get hot in my room. So hot when I build my pc I plan to build a tube in the back of the pc to blow out my room window. The room is cool but since it’s small it will heat up fast if I don’t also I should also note I need to change the price of that card it’s wrong it’s actually gonna cost me $839

2 minutes ago, Lordreaper12 said:

I don’t know if it shows but the change in the power supply isn’t a option since I already bought it. Also I would really like to keep the water cooled video card since I do plan to overclock it and it does get hot in my room. So hot when I build my pc I plan to build a tube in the back of the pc to blow out my room window. The room is cool but since it’s small it will heat up fast if I dont

Didnt notice that. Srry. I just included them anyway since i didnt know what was bought and was wasnt. Just replace those components then and add the case you want. Other than that the build should be good to go. Didnt add OS as i didnt know if you were going to need it

But anyway I’ll definitely condsider AMD if it’s going to be better for my particular situation. But I don’t know much about AMD so I’m gonna do more research on it