Cheap Streaming/Casual Gaming Setup.

Hello! I own a channel known as ThreeshotsFired and I love to stream games like Subnautica, I use my older brother's computer to stream as I mentioned in another post, I run on a potato. I'm trying to make a start and upload more regularly by using my own computer, as he is not so keen me using his. Any tips on a cheap computer?

1. Budget
I have a small budget of £200 (I am a 13 year old, so earning money from jobs in my local are is almost impossible) And I am located in Seaham (Just under Sunderland), UK.

2. Aim
As I mentioned, I need a computer that can handle most games at 60 fps (Subnautica Etc) And can run lower games, Like roblox or minecraft, On default settings *Medium high graphics* absolutely fine.

3. Monitors
At this current moment, I have 1 monitor. I look forward to grabbing another so I can keep an eye on OBS and my stream chat Etc. My current monitor's resolution is: 1366 x 768.

4. Peripherals 
 I have a working microphone and nice keyboard, Though a wireless mouse which doesn't zap it's battery's  every 30 minutes would be nice!

5. Why I am upgrading
I'm very tired of my 'computer' crashing and not responding every so often and it's performance dying down each and every day. As a gamer, your demands for extra frames become higher and higher as you want to play high recourse demanding games with your friends. Not to mention, I've had lots of message on discord from frequent stream watchers, asking me to talk since they are growing bored of the silent hum of my seamoth or the occasional sound. My brother doesn't own a working microphone and mine is drilled into my side of the desk on the opposite side completely.

Any suggestions please? Also, Sorry if this doesn't match the 'Build Plan Thread Recommendation' New around here.

For 200 pounds, it's going to be very hard to build a computer that can stream. I'll take a look around, and I'll edit my post if I find anything, but I don't think you're going to have much luck.

Main PC:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X • Noctua NH-D15 • MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk • 2x8GB G.skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CL16 • MSI VENTUS 3X GeForce RTX 3070 OC • Samsung 970 Evo 1TB • Samsung 860 Evo 1TB • Cosair iCUE 465X RGB • Corsair RMx 750W (White)

Peripherals/Other:

ASUS VG27AQ • G PRO K/DA • G502 Hero K/DA • G733 K/DA • G840 K/DA • Oculus Quest 2 • Nintendo Switch (Rev. 2)

Laptop (Dell XPS 13):

Intel Core i7-1195G7 • Intel Iris Xe Graphics • 16GB LPDDR4x 4267MHz • 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD • 13.4" OLED 3.5K InfinityEdge Display (3456x2160, 400nit, touch). 

Got any questions about my system or peripherals? Feel free to tag me (@bellabichon) and I'll be happy to give you my two cents. 

PSA: Posting a PCPartPicker list with no explanation isn't helpful for first-time builders :)

For that low of a budget, you're gonna be fairly hard-pressed to find something that can stream and game.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Yes I know, Making money as a 13 year old is extremely hard in my areas as you have to be 15+ For like every job!! :( 

If you game at 720p and stream using the GPU enconder you might be ablet to pull it off with 279 gbp, but this is extremely inefficient and I would try to save at least 500 and get a system that is going to make sense. Because all the parts I had to choose were basically the cheapest ones (save for the PSU which was the cheapest non-fire hazard one). If you manage to save a bit and get something like a Ryzen 3/Core i3 + RX 560/GTX 1050 it would be a more sensible system that can at least perform decently.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£75.59 @ Aria PC)
Motherboard: MSI - A320M PRO-VD PLUS Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£39.99 @ Ebuyer)
Memory: Crucial - 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  (£60.17 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£35.80 @ Amazon UK)
Case: Rosewill - FBM-X1 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  (£20.37 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM (2015) 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£47.65 @ Box Limited)
Total: £279.57
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-06-12 21:27 BST+0100

My advice is not to use this part list and just save up a bit more (I know, it's frustrating).

I am not going to recommend you to buy 2nd hand because of your age and it wouldn't be ideal imo.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

1 minute ago, Eibe said:

If you game at 720p and stream using the GPU enconder you might be ablet to pull it off with 279 gbp, but this is extremely inefficient and I would try to save at least 500 and get a system that is going to make sense. Because all the parts I had to choose were basically the cheapest ones (save for the PSU which was the cheapest non-fire hazard one). If you manage to save a bit and get something like a Ryzen 3/Core i3 + RX 560/GTX 1050 it would be a more sensible system that can at least perform decently.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£75.59 @ Aria PC)
Motherboard: MSI - A320M PRO-VD PLUS Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£39.99 @ Ebuyer)
Memory: Crucial - 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  (£60.17 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£35.80 @ Amazon UK)
Case: Rosewill - FBM-X1 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  (£20.37 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM (2015) 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£47.65 @ Box Limited)
Total: £279.57
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-06-12 21:27 BST+0100

My advice is not to use this part list and just save up a bit more (I know, it's frustrating).

I am not going to recommend you to buy 2nd hand because of your age and it wouldn't be ideal imo.

Hefty for the price, But I'll look into it

£ 200 is doable if you game at that resolution.

If you are willing to go second-hand go on ebay & look for "computer" pick an HP/HP/Fujitsu with a i5 (2XXX or newer preferably) get hold of a graphics card on there

Do not pay more then £ 100 and make sure it isn't an SF Small Formfactor system or half height. Full ATX is the only real option.

Just type in Graphics Card & good deals are mostly had with actions not buy now.

Try to find the one everyone is overlooking, keep in mind it'll take a week or more just to find one of those.

But if you keep looking daily I'm sure you'll get at least a Radeon 7850 2GB (recently sold) I do not think this is advertising since it sold, remove it if I'm wrong!

Should be possible for £ 60

After that get a power-supply from a local dealer, £ 40 isn't going to be ideal but can get you something that wont blow up.

It'll be able to stream in SD (meaning 480P) and game at low/medium while doing so.

If not streaming I reckon a mix of high/medium could work.

Hopefully this helped somewhat :)

When the PC is acting up haunted,

who ya gonna call?
"Monotone voice" : A local computer store.

*Terrible joke I know*