pc won't boot and could use some advise

Not sure if this is the right place to post it but im kinda desperate for help.
had some trouble with my audio via obs and started wondering around on their forums and found an admin post (dont have a link sadly) wich said to download a audio virtulisation program with a link.
site looked trustworthy so i installed it, rebooted the pc and everything was still fine.
suddenly had a black screen my fans turned off but my hdd was still going. so i unplugged the power and powered it up again.
same thing happens, screen stays black HDD is spinning and the fans stay off. but what i dont understand is that my motherboard lights are on.

does anyone have a clue on what might be the issue?

forgot to mention that i can't turn the pc off with the power button. i have to pull the powercord

usually a program you downloaded has no control of the way the computer operates. it should only be able to read or write to the disk and record audio. Does the computer show a screen when you turn it on that shows the logo or is it blank. did you update the bios, because if you update the bios with the wrong update it could stop the pc completely

thanks for replying, it doesn't show anything but i figured out what is wrong, i unplugged my gpu and plugged it in and now my fans turn on and i actually get a beep. so im guessing my gpu died and i should get myself a new one

ok thats good. i was worried that your cpu or mobo died because that happened to me recently on an old dell dimension

yea i was scared that my mb was dead, since i just got it for 3 months now. what happenned to dell dimension?

it was 16 years old and i put debian linux on it with only 512 megs of ram. i think it killed it

also i had another old pc that died one day just because i opened the case to look at the board lol. it wouldnt turn off with the power button like your pc

Ah, that sucks. Weird that it stopped working because you opened it. 

well i had just replaced the psu and it was acting funny. the person who i got it from said it was in a barrel or something outside so it prob has water damage from the rain. first windows just said DISK READ ERROR so i reinstalled windows and then the ethernet wasnt working so i tried to get drivers for the board so i opened the case and looked at the board and it was an intel board. i plugged it back up and nothing. nothing at all happened. RIP old computer from a wet barrel.