Ryzen 2200G No Post

Hey guys. Just ordered a new set of parts for a build for my parents - Ryzen 2200g, MSI B350 PC Mate, 8GB Kingston 2133 Ram, Corsair CX 450M, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB.

Build went fine but I'm getting no post whatsoever - although all fans spin - the CPU EZ Debug light is constantly lit and I'm getting no power to my usb keyboard.

I checked online and it says that the motherboard is compatible with the new Ryzen CPUs but could the no post be due to the CPU having onboard graphics and I'm just getting no video signal? 

I've checked for bent pins, re-seated the CPU, re-seated the CPU power and nothing helps. Anyone have any ideas? It'd be greatly appreciated!

Did the motherboard box have the sticker that says it's compatible and has the updated BIOS?

If not then you'll need to get your hands on a 1000 series chip and update the BIOS or take it to a local shop and see if they'll do it for a few bucks.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

I just checked and there's no sticker saying that, no. I don't know anyone that has a 1000 series chip, I guess I could try and take it to a local shop and see if they can help. Ergh when I read that it was compatible online, I assumed it would just work. Is that me being super naive?

4 minutes ago, Jonbeez said:

I just checked and there's no sticker saying that, no. I don't know anyone that has a 1000 series chip, I guess I could try and take it to a local shop and see if they can help. Ergh when I read that it was compatible online, I assumed it would just work. Is that me being super naive?

They are compatible with a BIOS update so it's part bad wording but I'm also surprised you got a board that wasn't updated since it's been a while since their release =/

Yah, call up a shop and see if they can do the update for you, maybe they'll even do it for free but probably will charge you a few bucks to do it which isn't bad.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

where abouts in the UK are you? 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

South East Essex! 

I'm gonna try my local shop tomorrow and see if they can help, if not I'll try contacting AMD for the upgrade kit. Thanks for your help guys, I'll let you know how it all turns out

5 minutes ago, Jonbeez said:

South East Essex! 

Ahh, if you was near by I would have done it for you. 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240