PSU or Motherboard?

SNDJ14

I am very frustrated with by PC. It will turn on for 1-2s then turn off for 5-6s then on again and the cycle repeats. I dont know if the problem is the motherboard or the PSU. I am leaning towards the PSU though since on the rare occasion that it turns on for 15s, the PC boots and I can go to the bios etc. like normal booting up. :( Please help me I dont know what to do

Since you can get into the BIOS it really seems like a PSU problem. Try and eliminate different components, starting with the PSU, the Motherboard, the CPU. Those are the ones that it's most likely to be. If the problem persists after you've eliminated all 3 components, then I really don't know what to tell you.

8 hours ago, SNDJ14 said:

I am very frustrated with by PC. It will turn on for 1-2s then turn off for 5-6s then on again and the cycle repeats. I dont know if the problem is the motherboard or the PSU. I am leaning towards the PSU though since on the rare occasion that it turns on for 15s, the PC boots and I can go to the bios etc. like normal booting up. :( Please help me I dont know what to do

What VicciVicVic said but test the memory too. Try one stick of ram, try a different stick, try them in different slots on their own and so forth.

Tried re seating the processor and also using one ram at a time and it still persists. One thing I noticed though is that before this happened, I felt some electricity when I flipped the psu switch and touched the metal part of the PSU. I'm really frustrated because I cant figure this out.