[Help] chasis fan positioning should i go for 4 fans?

mushismono

my friend has 2 spare case fans as he upgraded his. i was looking to use them but unsure where to put them in my weird case. i do not have any side panel mount for fans.

i only have 3 and 4 which are empty but am unsure if i should put intake or exhaust fan, as i want a positive air flow but only have 1 intake fan in the front

is there any suggestions such as putting intake fan on 3/4 then moving the psu upside down? or should i leave it be?
would really appreciate your help!!

cpu fans.png

1 minute ago, H20Burner said:

Put 3/4 to point out and 2 in. Heat travels up anyway.

Agreed, I have a similar fan setup on my case.

I've got two intake in the front, one intake in the back, and one exhaust in the top.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Positive airflow is useful for keeping dust accumulation low when using dust filters but not much else.

What case and graphics card do you have?

Unless the graphics card fans are modded, they're most likely intakes that pull air into the graphics card and not the other way around. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

7 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Positive airflow is useful for keeping dust accumulation low when using dust filters but not much else.

What case and graphics card do you have?

Unless the graphics card fans are modded, they're most likely intakes that pull air into the graphics card and not the other way around. 

my case is discontinued i guess since i cannot find it on the internet it supposedly is an antec gx series (http://prntscr.com/jsbcj7), my GPU is msi rx 580 armor edition i guess i made a mistake in the picture. i think i will go with the two first comment but i will wait for more suggestions never thought of using the rear as an intake @WoodenMarker

4 minutes ago, mushismono said:

my case is discontinued i guess since i cannot find it on the internet it supposedly is an antec gx series (http://prntscr.com/jsbcj7), my GPU is msi rx 580 armor edition i guess i made a mistake in the picture. i think i will go with the two first comment but i will wait for more suggestions never thought of using the rear as an intake @WoodenMarker

I don't recognize the case but what @H20Burner suggested would be good. The only downside is that the rear wouldn't be filtered but I'm not sure if the case has any removable dust filters to begin with. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

14 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

I don't recognize the case but what @H20Burner suggested would be good. The only downside is that the rear wouldn't be filtered but I'm not sure if the case has any removable dust filters to begin with. 

yes, whats why i called it a weird case its nowhere to be found on the internet. the case does not have any removable dust filters, but there is a dust filter in front. however the rear does not but i could use one of those magnetic dust filters right?

wouldn't the air flow be bad if i do what @H20Burner said? sorry im kinda confused when it comes to chasis fans........
@WoodenMarker

5 hours ago, mushismono said:

yes, whats why i called it a weird case its nowhere to be found on the internet. the case does not have any removable dust filters, but there is a dust filter in front. however the rear does not but i could use one of those magnetic dust filters right?
wouldn't the air flow be bad if i do what @H20Burner said? sorry im kinda confused when it comes to chasis fans........
@WoodenMarker

Yep, magnetic dust filters should work well. 

Having the airflow face the same direction is generally better but there's only one fan mount at the front so what was suggested above should be better for getting cool air to components and removing heat. It's essentially an educated guess and will take testing to determine the actual difference in performance. In general, having an excess number of fans won't make a huge difference in cooling and you're probably fine with just one front intake and one rear exhaust. 

There's no need to both tag and quote btw although there's no harm in doing so.