Whats a good Cheap Flat Keyboard

Hi, I am used to laptop keyboards and would like to know which keyboard models I should go for as a cheap solution for a flat keyboard of high-enough quality.

So far Ive seen Dell KB216 and some apple ones that are really good but unfortunately I am using windows and not Mac so I am not sure which keyboard I should go for.

Specifically I want a flat keyboard similar to how laptops look, I will be gaming but that doesnt stop me form getting one since my already owned "gaming" keyboard is very uncomfortable to use, a flat keyboard with as little space between the keys as possible would be ideal, similar to the key layout of Dell KB216 keyboard and around this price range of up to 20$ and wired would be preferred.

Thanks!

Coolermaster just made a new mechanical flat keyboard that looks great.

i5-8600k, MSI Z370-A Pro, 2x 8GB DDR4-3k, MSI Gaming X 1060, NZXT S340, 2TB HDD, 750w Corsair PSU, AOC 2775 OC'd to 80Hz and CFG73 at 144hz

Comic sans is the worst font

Check out my monitor overclocking guide

8 minutes ago, lavablade02 said:

Coolermaster just made a new mechanical flat keyboard that looks great.

Which Model, does it cost under 20$?

I trust Coolermaster but I am unsure of their Keyboard Products.

I am looking for something like this:

eakus1_640.jpg

4 minutes ago, TwinDenis said:

Which Model, does it cost under 20$?

I trust Coolermaster but I am unsure of their Keyboard Products.

Oh yeah, there is no way it costs under 20 bucks, but yes they make great keyboards. For most good keyboards you will be looking at 100 for really high quality, but some keyboards like the one I own (Redragon Kumara) which is a decent mechanical goes for 30 bucks. I was talking about this

Image result for coolermaster flat keyboard computex

i5-8600k, MSI Z370-A Pro, 2x 8GB DDR4-3k, MSI Gaming X 1060, NZXT S340, 2TB HDD, 750w Corsair PSU, AOC 2775 OC'd to 80Hz and CFG73 at 144hz

I have a Logitech K310 which I'm using to type this right now, but it is an old model and no longer sold. Don't know what if any is a current equivalent but might be a starting point to search around.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

3 minutes ago, porina said:

I have a Logitech K310 which I'm using to type this right now, but it is an old model and no longer sold. Don't know what if any is a current equivalent but might be a starting point to search around.

I am looking for something closer to a laptop keyboard for desktop use at a low price.

I mostly do typing so I will make use of such keyboard.

just snap the keyboard off a laptop /s

2 minutes ago, lavablade02 said:

just snap the keyboard off a laptop /s

Getting a laptop is more expensive than a keyboard. :) 

Look:eakus1_640.jpg.a42c34c40d9afea434b5e6b7d2cd7352.jpg

so are you looking for something like this?

eakus1_640.jpg.a42c34c40d9afea434b5e6b7d2cd7352.jpg

1 minute ago, lavablade02 said:

so are you looking for something like this?

eakus1_640.jpg.a42c34c40d9afea434b5e6b7d2cd7352.jpg

Similar yes, maybe without the / near the space but something similar. That design.

6 minutes ago, TwinDenis said:

I am looking for something closer to a laptop keyboard for desktop use at a low price.

I mostly do typing so I will make use of such keyboard.

I mentioned the K310 as it is "flatter" than usual keyboards and also similar to the Dell you mentioned. It was also low cost at the time I got it. Dunno what else to suggest other than a blind search for chiclet keyboards.

BTW I'm with you on flatter keyboards. Recently got myself a gaming keyboard, and the tilt even without the extra feet was too steep for comfort. I had to put extra feet up front to balance it out, and pad out the wrist area with a bigger rest than supplied.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

5 minutes ago, porina said:

I mentioned the K310 as it is "flatter" than usual keyboards and also similar to the Dell you mentioned. It was also low cost at the time I got it. Dunno what else to suggest other than a blind search for chiclet keyboards.

BTW I'm with you on flatter keyboards. Recently got myself a gaming keyboard, and the tilt even without the extra feet was too steep for comfort. I had to put extra feet up front to balance it out, and pad out the wrist area with a bigger rest than supplied.

Yes, there is a weird shape on them that leaves a gap and it also has height , it also feels like having to press more which in fast typing is not a good idea, even for gaming those keyboards are not that comfortable because we need to do decisive and precise actions, missing a key can be lethal, especially on fast-typing in scenarios of customers replies and such while there is no auto-correct and so on.

On 6/7/2018 at 8:40 AM, lavablade02 said:

Oh yeah, there is no way it costs under 20 bucks, but yes they make great keyboards. For most good keyboards you will be looking at 100 for really high quality, but some keyboards like the one I own (Redragon Kumara) which is a decent mechanical goes for 30 bucks. I was talking about this

Image result for coolermaster flat keyboard computex

yea they just announced that keyboard its not coming out until 2019 sadly looks nice tho

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX GPU: AMD RX 6800M RAM: 16GB  SSD: 500GB NVME 

Anyway, thats my current keyboard which servers very well.

Its sort of a knock off of something but it is perfect for anything from gaming to fast typing and I cant seem to find the real brand it originated, it is also out of supply from where I got it from but me and others have used it and is very comfortable to have. It is very silent when typing, very nice feeling when pressing the buttons. Very responsive too.

I got the Dell KB216 and it kind of is bad, there is a high pitch sound when pressing the buttons of which the feeling is kinda bad and feel like mechanical keyboardish.

Do you have any idea where such a design can be bought from or what its brand's name could be?

Here is a photo of the brand ti get an idea.

DSC_0120.png