Connecting to a fiber channel HBA using windows 10

Hi all.. first of all, greeting from Chile,!!

Please excuse the noob nature of this question.

I work in a small VFX studio, and we have a Fiber Channel HBA storage system installed, which is not in use right now. However, i am attempting to connect to this storage array using a windows 10 system with a FC HBA card, and keep running into some problems.

I have connected my windows 10 workstation, using a ATTO 82EN and can confirm that the fiber connections are correctly connected to the switch. I just did this and haven't done any configuration at all. However, i am unable to mount the drives, and keep getting multiple instances of RAW drives show up on my device manager!

I do not have any background on these kind of matters, and the vendor who installed this system doesn't exist anymore.

Please, if you have any information on how i should configure a FC HBA please send me in that direction. I have admin access to the storage array but again, i do not know how to get this to work.

I was also told that i need to enable MPIO to get the multiple instances of the drives to behave as one, but i have no idea if its possible or how to do it!!

Thanks in advance!!

hba.jpg

Do you know what type of system it is? Does it have a native client? Most Fiber SANs have a client.

you need the correct MPIO driver from the array manufacturer. look on their support section. once you install this you'll see 1 disk with multiple paths rather than multiple disks

or...

only plug in a single path (path, not frabric) and have zero resilience :)