is not Windows 10 S free ?, because i don't see any way to download it

7850OC
Go to solution Solved by GoodBytes,
3 hours ago, 7850OC said:

thanks all :$

Windows 10 S is not free, but reduced price for manufacture to use. You can upgrade for free Windows 10 S to Windows 10 Pro.

Windows 10 S cannot be purchased in computer stores, only manufacture partners of Microsoft can have it.

Windows 10 S has now been discontinued, and is being replaced by "S Mode" which manufacture can choose or not to enable it out of the box (no official info on manufacture pricing difference.. there was  a leak some time ago... but no news since... so it could be canceled, or reworked). Once you have Windows 10 (or the Pro edition), you can switch to something like S Mode, by doing: Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & Feature, at the top, you have "Allow apps from the Store only". Once enabled, CURRENTLY installed programs will run just fine, but future setups and programs you run on the system that is not from the Store, will be blocked, until the option is switched back. This is a good measure one can put on a parent computer who tend to get bad stuff online or e-mails and such. So you can install them Chrome/Firefox, Office etc, than lock, than these apps runs fine and can be updated, but anything outside can't be executed, and be blocked.

2 minutes ago, 7850OC said:

it's not free...

PC SPECS:

Case: TT View 27 Black

Motherboard: ASRock Z370 SLI XTREME ATX

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700k 

GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 Mini ITX 8G

RAM: 16GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3200MHz DDR4

PSU: Generic 800 Watt

CPU Cooler: Stock Intel Cooler(*oof*)

SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

NON PC STUFF:

Monitor: Alienware 25 Freesync(i know i have an nvidia card)

kb: Corsair K65 Luxe with MX Red Switches(and a white backplate mod to enhance the RGB)

Mouse: SteelSeries Rival 700 at 1600 dpi

Audio: Razer Kraken 7.1 V2

RGB: Corsair Lighting Node Pro with corsair light strips

Its free if you have an existing windows 10 installation, but i dont recommend it because its just a extremely limited version of windows. you can find windows 10 keys for around 20$ online. just look for a reputable source.

3 hours ago, 7850OC said:

thanks all :$

Windows 10 S is not free, but reduced price for manufacture to use. You can upgrade for free Windows 10 S to Windows 10 Pro.

Windows 10 S cannot be purchased in computer stores, only manufacture partners of Microsoft can have it.

Windows 10 S has now been discontinued, and is being replaced by "S Mode" which manufacture can choose or not to enable it out of the box (no official info on manufacture pricing difference.. there was  a leak some time ago... but no news since... so it could be canceled, or reworked). Once you have Windows 10 (or the Pro edition), you can switch to something like S Mode, by doing: Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & Feature, at the top, you have "Allow apps from the Store only". Once enabled, CURRENTLY installed programs will run just fine, but future setups and programs you run on the system that is not from the Store, will be blocked, until the option is switched back. This is a good measure one can put on a parent computer who tend to get bad stuff online or e-mails and such. So you can install them Chrome/Firefox, Office etc, than lock, than these apps runs fine and can be updated, but anything outside can't be executed, and be blocked.