Please help me with purchasing a new Laptop

My budget is $2000. I am in the United States. The laptop needs to be thin and light and needs to be able to video edit. I was thinking about a Macbook, but I need more options. Suggestions would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Haha i'm in the same boat. Ones to check out:

Gigabyte Aero 15x

Razer Blade 15.6in

Dell XPS 15 9570

MSI GS65

All of these are solid laptops. I'm probably gonna wait until the 2018 Macbook Pro 15 though ;D

Razer has awful quality control, I would stay away from the blade unless you have endless patience. The new XPS line are great though and I don't know about the rest.

30 minutes ago, Zefster said:

Razer has awful quality control, I would stay away from the blade unless you have endless patience. The new XPS line are great though and I don't know about the rest.

People seem really happy with the 2018 15 inch Razer Blade, although there aren't many reviews out yet. Some have also had horrible issues with Dell QC mind you...

Also i'd be wary about the XPS 15 throttling with the new hex core cpus

1 hour ago, Matt Kirby said:

People seem really happy with the 2018 15 inch Razer Blade, although there aren't many reviews out yet. Some have also had horrible issues with Dell QC mind you...

Also i'd be wary about the XPS 15 throttling with the new hex core cpus

I asked this same question a few months ago and was repeating the advice that I got. I have an xps 13 and am very happy with it but I cannot say anything for the quality control as a whole

8 hours ago, Matt Kirby said:

Gigabyte Aero 15x

Dell XPS 15 9570

MSI GS65

All of these are solid laptops

All have mediocre cooling that requires LM+undervolt. XPS 15 has many issues too. GS65 has OKish build quality.

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

13 hours ago, ZM Fong said:

All have mediocre cooling that requires LM+undervolt. XPS 15 has many issues too. GS65 has OKish build quality.

... That seems to be the nature of thin and light laptops though. I doubt you can find a truly thin and light laptop without sacrificing on power or thermals...  

8 minutes ago, Matt Kirby said:

... That seems to be the nature of thin and light laptops though. I doubt you can find a truly thin and light laptop without sacrificing on power or thermals...  

Yes this is a problem with all thin gaming laptops but there are some models like Zephyrus M that can do a better job

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

I'm from Singapore , ive been doing hectic research for a crazy 1 month non stop, hard decision scratch my head between getting GS65 , Aero 15x , and the new razer blade (come disturb me ) , after much thought , research , quality build , battery life , fan performance , gpu performance , etc , I'm glad to have got aero 15x on a good deal during PC show in Singapore , well for US ppl its cheaper so congrats to you . If you're still undecided , trust me , stick to aero15x , its an improved version than last year , by far , and thinner .

14 minutes ago, mistertewe said:

aero15x

Has issues too. Especially cooling

Desktop specs:

Spoiler