Is there a cable that can turn 2 dp 1.2 inputs to a dp 1.4 output

Is there a special adapter that can turn 2 displayport 1.2 inputs to a dp 1.4 output? If there is please send me a link (preferably on amazon, newegg, or B&H)

Edit: Topic closed

Why do you need 1.4 over 1.2?

But also no, its not possible.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

I want a potential 4k 144hz solution for a potential build that only has dp 1.2 outputs on the gpu

Edit: Would I be able to drive it with a thunderbolt 3 card with only minimal performance loss?

Edited by DGC

5 minutes ago, DGC said:

I want a potential 4k 144hz solution for a potential build that only has dp 1.2 outputs on the gpu

Is this for gaming or for desktop work? Because if you have a GPU that only has DP 1.2, it's not going to perform anywhere near satisfactory at 4K for gaming.

If it's for desktop work, I can see the appeal, but a better solution would just be to get the cheapest DP 1.4 capable video card you can find.

22 minutes ago, DGC said:

Edit: Would I be able to drive it with a thunderbolt 3 card with only minimal performance loss?

Can't think of a single card that comes with thunderbolt ports

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

28 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Can't think of a single card that comes with thunderbolt ports

how about this one? would it be possible to run my display output through this? https://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-Thunderbolt-Components-GC-ALPINE-RIDGE/dp/B0722SV69N/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1525306501&sr=1-1&keywords=thunderbolt+3+card

51 minutes ago, DGC said:

Depends on if said Thunderbolt 3 card even has a DP output and if it supports that resolution and refresh rate.

Just now, DGC said:

You need a video card to drive the DP functionality.

1 minute ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Depends on if said Thunderbolt 3 card even has a DP output and if it supports that resolution and refresh rate.

thunderbolt 3 is a dp output

2 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

You need a video card to drive the DP functionality.

I am planning to get a gtx 1080 (btw the thunderbolt card does have 2 mini dp outputs)

5 minutes ago, DGC said:

No, that only goes up to dp 1.2 - and it won't run your games, that's for sure. It just pipes your integrated gpu through the motherboard.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

2 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Those are MiniDP inputs to drive the Thunderbolt DP capability. Here's a snippet from the manual:

tb3_card_manual.png

Do you have any recommendations on what I should do instead of using the card?

Just now, DGC said:

Do you have any recommendations on what I should do instead of the card?

If you're planning to game at 4K 144Hz, you're going to need a much beefier setup than a single GTX 1080. You're going to need at least two GTX 1080 Ti's to make it worth while (or two of whatever the next gen is)

If you wanted to just run the desktop at 4K 144Hz, then buy the cheapest DP 1.4 capable graphics card and use it as a secondary.

1 minute ago, M.Yurizaki said:

If you're planning to game at 4K 144Hz, you're going to need a much beefier setup than a single GTX 1080. You're going to need at least two GTX 1080 Ti's to make it worth while (or two of whatever the next gen is)

If you wanted to just run the desktop at 4K 144Hz, then buy the cheapest DP 1.4 capable graphics card and use it as a secondary.

Well you got me, I lied about the 1080, but I still wish to knowhow I could use DP 1.2 card with 4k 144hz because I have some on hand and I want to put them to good use. 

22 minutes ago, DGC said:

Well you got me, I lied about the 1080, but I still wish to knowhow I could use DP 1.2 card with 4k 144hz because I have some on hand and I want to put them to good use. 

There's no way to do that unfortunately.

Just now, Glenwing said:

There's no way to do that unfortunately.

what about with 2? there has to be a way

1 minute ago, DGC said:

what about with 2? there has to be a way

There isn't.

If you want to drive a full bandwidth DisplayPort 1.4 monitor you need a DisplayPort 1.4 graphics card. With DP 1.2 you'll be able to get up to 4K 75 Hz.

2 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

There isn't

Should I just wait for 4k 144hz monitors that support 2 display port inputs?

26 minutes ago, DGC said:

Should I just wait for 4k 144hz monitors that support 2 display port inputs?

Even if a monitor has two DP inputs, it doesn't mean you'll be able to use them together to combine their bandwidth. If someone comes out with a monitor that allows side-by-side PbP mode then sure, but that's highly unlikely.