Bent headphone plug... What are my options?

Railgun

I have a HyperX Cloud II and recently someone bumped into the plug with a chair while it was plugged into a jack and that caused it to bend a little bit. The result of this is that my microphone will either constantly emit a loud static noise, or just not work at all. I often have to move it around in the jack before I align it in the spot that allows the mic to work and just bumping it can cause it to stop working.

I was thinking I could just try to bend the plug back but considering this is an expensive headset, I wanted to know if anyone here has any other advice before I start messing with it. What are my options?

Thanks in advance

i7-4790k | MSI Z97 GAMING-5 | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | Samsung EVO-850 250GB SSD & WD blue 1 TB HDD | EVGA 1070 SC | Red NZXT H440 | Cooler Master G650W

1 minute ago, firelighter487 said:

depending on how skilled you are with electronics you could solder on a new plug. 

Hoping that would be a last resort. I have the tools and I'm sure I could do it if I practice on other plugs first but I would rather not if it's avoidable

i7-4790k | MSI Z97 GAMING-5 | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | Samsung EVO-850 250GB SSD & WD blue 1 TB HDD | EVGA 1070 SC | Red NZXT H440 | Cooler Master G650W

I had my speaker plug break as well, requiring specific positioning to work. Try and solder on a new connector. It's not that difficult and it still works till date for me. It allows you to get a nice plug too while you're at it.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

3 minutes ago, tikker said:

I had my speaker plug break as well, requiring specific positioning to work. Try and solder on a new connector. It's not that difficult and it still works till date for me. It allows you to get a nice plug too while you're at it.

I suppose... This plug is gold plated. Does it get any better than that without going overboard on price?

You will have to cut it and solder a new one. It's quite cheap and not difficult. Do some testing before trying on the headphones. This guide should help:

13 minutes ago, Railgun said:

I suppose... This plug is gold plated. Does it get any better than that without going overboard on price?

They're not that expensive, a couple bucks maybe. Make sure that you get one with three rings on it though, to carry both audio and mic, given that it's a headset.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

Alright thanks for the help everyone