SSD and HDD file management questions

nkucz
Go to solution Solved by Bonsai99,

Can't I move these highlighted folders (except PerfLogs) to my HDD so that basically everything defaults to HDD and I can move certain programs that I want sped up to the SSD? @tp95112 @skullbringer

If you just move all of that over to your HDD your computer is going to throw a fit and there are going to be registry problems and errors galore.

I'm wondering if I want all my documents, pictures, videos, etc. on my HDD but I installed the operating system on the SSD, can I just move the user folder?

Intel i5 3570K || Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 8GB FE || 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600MHz || ASRock Z77 Pro 3 || WD Caviar Blue 1TB || Noctua NH-U12S || Creative Sound Blaster Audigy FX Sound Card || Fractal Define R4 || Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I REV 4.2 Wireless Network Card

ASUS VC239H Monitor || Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red || Logitech G Pro || Philips SHP9500 w/ V-MODA BoomPro Mic || Reflex Lab Pro 36 Heavy Mouse Pad || Google Nexus 6P 128GB

You can chage the what the Document folder goes to

But how? Can I do this by going to the SSD, going to Users and moving my account to the HDD?

Intel i5 3570K || Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 8GB FE || 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600MHz || ASRock Z77 Pro 3 || WD Caviar Blue 1TB || Noctua NH-U12S || Creative Sound Blaster Audigy FX Sound Card || Fractal Define R4 || Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I REV 4.2 Wireless Network Card

ASUS VC239H Monitor || Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red || Logitech G Pro || Philips SHP9500 w/ V-MODA BoomPro Mic || Reflex Lab Pro 36 Heavy Mouse Pad || Google Nexus 6P 128GB

rightclick on the folder that you want to relocate (music, documents, etc.) -> properties -> add folders you want it to be saved at.

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

Got to your hard drive and make a folder just for what you want the documents to go to. Then go to my got to start menu right click documents properties then location tab click find target and locate the new folder you made

Can I move all the folders in the SSD [Local Disk (C:)] to the HDD except the windows folder? So all my programs and files are default on the HDD?

Got to your hard drive and make a folder just for what you want the documents to go to. Then go to my got to start menu right click documents properties then location tab click find target and locate the new folder you made

No location tab?

rightclick on the folder that you want to relocate (music, documents, etc.) -> properties -> add folders you want it to be saved at.

Not sure I understand

Can I move all the folders in the SSD [Local Disk (C:)] to the HDD except the windows folder? So all my programs and files are default on the HDD?

You can and a search of the internet will tell you how, (essentially it's a bunch of registry edits). Based on personal experience, I would strongly advise against it. The problem is that your system then becomes dependent on both storage units being present to get to the desktop.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Not sure I understand

not sure I understand what you dont understand :)

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

What Os are you using? Cause this is Win8 and i did the same for win 7

I have Win 7

I have Win 7

Sorry I just checked its diffrent but same almost. It says library right? and is there a include folder button?

Can't I move these highlighted folders (except PerfLogs) to my HDD so that basically everything defaults to HDD and I can move certain programs that I want sped up to the SSD? @tp95112 @skullbringer

PgqKaER.png

If you just move all of that over to your HDD your computer is going to throw a fit and there are going to be registry problems and errors galore.

figured there would be, I found out how to set the target of my documents, pictures, etc. to the HDD so we are all good!