Excessive vdroop on Aorus AX370 Gaming 5

I got an Aorus AX370 Gaming 5 to replace the MSI X370 Gaming Plus that refused to run any RAM setting but 'auto' (another thread about that somewhere on here), however this one has a different and almost equally frustrating issue: Whereas the Gaming Plus was excellent at overclocking my R7 1700 despite its (doubled) 4-phase VRM, keeping the voltages rock solid pretty much regardless of load, this Gigabyte cannot keep them anywhere close. For 3.9Ghz, I have it set to 1.4V vcore, which yields an SVI reading of about 1.385 without load, but under Prime95, this is dropping to around 1.32V in the most power hungry bits - which then causes the machine to lock up. Even with LLC set to 'high' it is still dropping to 1.337V on some parts of Prime95 and locking up (based on the Gaming Plus, this CPU needs about 1.34-1.35V SVI to hit 3.9GHz stably). I am running the latest BIOS. Any ideas what to do about this?

Steve does a great job explaining how unreliable it is to cross-compare exact voltages from different motherboards, and especially from different manufacturers. Here's a link to their detailed article which includes a video as well.

CPU: AMD Sempron 2400+ / MOBO: Abit NF7-S2G / GPU: WinFast A180BT 64MB / RAM: Mushkin DDR333 256MBx2 / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 120GB

28 minutes ago, DDebbil said:

I got an Aorus AX370 Gaming 5 to replace the MSI X370 Gaming Plus that refused to run any RAM setting but 'auto' (another thread about that somewhere on here), however this one has a different and almost equally frustrating issue: Whereas the Gaming Plus was excellent at overclocking my R7 1700 despite its (doubled) 4-phase VRM, keeping the voltages rock solid pretty much regardless of load, this Gigabyte cannot keep them anywhere close. For 3.9Ghz, I have it set to 1.4V vcore, which yields an SVI reading of about 1.385 without load, but under Prime95, this is dropping to around 1.32V in the most power hungry bits - which then causes the machine to lock up. Even with LLC set to 'high' it is still dropping to 1.337V on some parts of Prime95 and locking up (based on the Gaming Plus, this CPU needs about 1.34-1.35V SVI to hit 3.9GHz stably). I am running the latest BIOS. Any ideas what to do about this?

have you tried different LLC settings? or even just settting the LLC to auto?

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

Auto LLC is what produces the 1.32V. Medium was between auto and high for vdroop.

Not familiar with that boards settings, but I have had similar issues with my Crosshair VI Hero and 1700x. Setting some other parameters like Power Phase Control and such have helped my vdroop even out. On this board I need LLC set to level 2/3, Current Capability to 140%, VRM Switching Freq to Manual, Voltage Feq to 200/300, Power Phase Control to  Power Phase Response and Adjustment to Regular, Power Thermal Control to 120%. These settings got my 3.9ghz OC to 1.4v and vdroop to around 1.35/1.38 but stays stable through all stress tests. I've turned it down to 3.8ghz at 1.35v but same settings on everything and vdroop is very minimal. Just for a 24/7 oc I prefer the less voltage. Maybe something here will help. 

Current System: MoonLightRyzen

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700x @ 3.9ghz  Board: Asus ROG C6H  Ram: G.Skill TridentZ 32gb 3000mhz  Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic

GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1070 OC in SLI M.2: Samsung 960 Evo 250gb SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 512gb x2 HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3TB and 2TB

PSU: Corsair RM850x White  Cooler: XSPC/Phanteks Custom Loop 

Backup System: RedDragonV3.0

FX-8350 @ 4.7ghz, Asus TUF Sabertooth 990fx r3.0, MSI GTX 1060 6gb Gaming X, Crucial Balistix Tracer 32gb, M.2 Samsung 960 Evo 250,

Seagate Firecudda 2tb, Seagate Barracuda 2tb, NZXT S340 Elite White, Kraken X62, Corsair RM750x, Hue+