8th Gen build

WkdPaul

Finally had some time recently to build my Intel i7-8700 build that I bought back in January (no, seriously!!!)

Specs can be found on my profile, but here it is anyway ;

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU:                Intel - Core i7-8700 3.2GHz 6-Core
Cooler:            Deepcool - NEPTWIN 139.5 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: MSI - Z370-A PRO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard 
Memory:         Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory 
Storage:         Avexir - E100 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage:         Seagate - BarraCuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
GPU:               Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1060 3GB 3GB Mini ITX OC Video Card 
Case:              Phanteks - ECLIPSE P400S TEMPERED GLASS ATX Mid Tower Case
PSU:               SeaSonic - 650W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
Monitor:         Acer - G205HVbd 20.0" 1600x900 Monitor
Keyboard:      Cooler Master - Devastator II Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse 
Headphones: Logitech - H150  Headset 
Speakers:      Logitech - Z130 5W 2ch Speakers
Total:             $1389.00
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-06-01 06:04 EDT-0400

And then the obligatory phone pictures (sorry for the quality, I swear I actually do have a camera!!!)

20180601_054924-747x1328.thumb.jpg.39591b495b331397974ffd4e228737d1.jpg

Sorry for the dust, it's inside, I'll have to open the case again and clean this up (I had the TG panel sitting on it's side for 10 days, that's why there's dust inside) ;

20180601_054832_crop_1194x747.jpg.70d7460c2f131b6d19d8d1b10a0ec36a.jpg

And yeah, I took the pictures beside my desk (because it's just a horrible mess) and it's in front of my daughter's Barbie doll house and unicorn robot, so here's a pic including the unicorn! (Barbie's horse is jealous apparently!) xD

20180601_054809_crop_1119x747.jpg.262e0459aca0ecfa9769194de766a7fd.jpg

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

No 1080 Ti. Disappointed. I thought tha with all the mod tax money you collected you would have got one!

Jokes aside, nice one :D How is the cooler performing? Haven't seen it in many builds, especially a tower cooler with the fans mounted vertically rather than horizontally. 

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

@Eibe

The cooler hasn't been benched yet, so not sure, but since it's only a 8700 non-k, I doubt it'll have a hard time cooling it! ;)

I mounted it that way because of clearance, it's not the way I prefer but everything fits better that way, I also moved the top fans out of the way so the cooler pushes the air out the top, so it might help with cooling?

Edited by wkdpaul

How did you manage to just look at those parts for almost 4 months and just think “nah, I’m too busy” and leave it? :(

I would have just said screw it, everything else can wait, I’m building this. :)

Workstation:

Intel Core i7 6700K | AMD Radeon R9 390X | 16 GB RAM

Mobile Workstation:

MacBook Pro 15" (2017) | Intel Core i7 7820HQ | AMD Radeon Pro 560 | 16 GB RAM

@Husky Well, Canada Computers fucked up my case order, it somehow got stuck in "processing" for a while, I opened a ticket but never had any replies, the store manager wasn't getting any replies either from corporate. I ended up fixing it by tweeting at them and giving them my ticket and order number.

So I didn't want to build the PC in my old case and have to them move everything to the new case when I got it ... but then I still didn't do anything for a while even after I got the case, mainly because I was too busy with my new job, some house maintenance because of summer, my kid school activities (since I work nights I'm the designated parent for all the school meetings and activities), etc...

1 hour ago, wkdpaul said:

@Husky Well, Canada Computers fucked up my case order, it somehow got stuck in "processing" for a while, I opened a ticket but never had any replies, the store manager wasn't getting any replies either from corporate. I ended up fixing it by tweeting at them and giving them my ticket and order number.

So I didn't want to build the PC in my old case and have to them move everything to the new case when I got it ... but then I still didn't do anything for a while even after I got the case, mainly because I was too busy with my new job, some house maintenance because of summer, my kid school activities (since I work nights I'm the designated parent for all the school meetings and activities), etc...

Strange that going onto social media gets a company going, maybe they don’t want to hurt their public image?

Workstation:

Intel Core i7 6700K | AMD Radeon R9 390X | 16 GB RAM

Mobile Workstation:

MacBook Pro 15" (2017) | Intel Core i7 7820HQ | AMD Radeon Pro 560 | 16 GB RAM

Looks subtle & simple.  would love to see some custom PSU cables in it.

Details separate people.

3 hours ago, wkdpaul said:

@Tech_Dreamer already on it ;)

20180216_155606-747x1328.jpg

Nice! Man , you preferring to do it all on your own? gonna take some time to get it all done.  PVC right? or is it paracord ?

Details separate people.

43 minutes ago, Tech_Dreamer said:

Nice! Man , you preferring to do it all on your own? gonna take some time to get it all done.  PVC right? or is it paracord ?

Yeah I like the idea of doing it by myself :)

And yeah it's PVC, I found that a local electronics components shop is selling sleeves!

3 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

Yeah I like the idea of doing it by myself :)

And yeah it's PVC, I found that a local electronics components shop is selling sleeves!

Very nice! Looking forward to that True custom sleeve finish on it soon.

Details separate people.