TRIED EVERYYHIG, can't connect broken laptop to external monitor

Ok so a few weeks ago I broke my laptop screen. I can't really get a replacement screen right now so I've resorted to try and hook it up to an external monitor...

Ive tried everything, all the fn key combinations and different methods. I was told to remove the LCD from the laptop motherboard connection, I went ahead and did this as it mimicked a desktop. I connected it to my external monitor and still nothing happened. Please tell me how I can book the laptop up to an external monitor. I really need it. Since the screen is cracked, ive tried pressing buttons to get a response, so far I get a colour change when I press f2. The screen also turns blank for a few seconds and kind of refreshes when I press ctrl-alt-delete. I have a HP pavilion power cb060sa by the way.

1527784671152791345347.jpg

Windows Key + P

Living Room: HTPC (M1 Mac Mini 8/256) HiFi (Furman Elite-15 PFi > Cambridge 851N > Emotiva A300 > Focal Chora 826) Display (65-inch LG Oled, 22-inch Dell)

Office: Workstation (AMD 3900X, RX5700XT, 32GB) Headphones (Cambridge DacMagic+ > Schiit Lyr 3 > DT 990. 2 Sonos One in Stereo) Display (32-inch Gigabyte)

6 minutes ago, lttUser1234 said:

Windows Key + P

The P twice so it switches to Duplicate

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

1 hour ago, lttUser1234 said:

Windows Key + P  just tried it doesn't work

Judt tried it doesn't work

1 hour ago, aezakmi said:

The P twice so it switches to Duplicate

Just tried that still no image on external monitor 

12 minutes ago, Huz said:

Just tried that still no image on external monitor 

hmmmmmm

do this if you have Windows 7: remove the battery and wait for a minute, start the computer and press F8 for like 5 seconds, press the down arrow twice and then enter

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

12 hours ago, aezakmi said:

hmmmmmm

do this if you have Windows 7: remove the battery and wait for a minute, start the computer and press F8 for like 5 seconds, press the down arrow twice and then enter

I have windows 10. I still tried what you said regardless didn't work