overclocked i7 7700k (4.6-4.8 Ghz) liquid cooler

I'm planning on buying a 7700k overclocked at about 4.6-4.8 Ghz and i am not sure if this cooler paired with good thermal will manage to keep it at around 70oC.

Does anyone have any recommendations? (single fan coolers would be preferred)

I generally don't recommend 120mm radiator coolers. They don't really perform better than most tower coolers like the hyper 212 Evo, cryorig h7, etc. And they have pumps that do often die. 

But if you need it for space reasons, that should be fine, yeah. Other 120mm coolers from most popular brands are probably fine too. But I'd still recommend something like the cryorig h7 if you can fit it. Or a 240mm all in one cooler

Main Rig: R9 5950X @ PBO, RTX 3090, 64 GB DDR4 3666, InWin 101, Full Hardline Watercooling

Server: R7 1700X @ 4.0 GHz, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB DDR4 3000, Cooler Master NR200P, Full Soft Watercooling

LAN Rig: R5 3600X @ PBO, RTX 2070, 32 GB DDR4 3200, Dan Case A4-SFV V4, 120mm AIO for the CPU

HTPC: i7-7700K @ 4.6 GHz, GTX 1050 Ti, 16 GB DDR4 3200, AliExpress K39, IS-47K Cooler

Router: R3 2200G @ stock, 4GB DDR4 2400, what are cases, stock cooler

I don't have a problem...

Thanks for the reply and yeah i am using water cooling for space but should i buy a double fan single radiator liquid cooler? For example: h80i v2, or would that make too much noise?

Not gonna happen.  Even dellidded an OC 7700k will be in the 70s under load.  No delid, probably in the 80s.

Delidded on a Noctua d15 (BIG dual fan air cooler) mine is in high 70's under load at 4.8 Ghz and 1.275-1.3 mv.

They are hot.

18 minutes ago, xXinsert_edgy_name_hereXx said:

I'm planning on buying a 7700k overclocked at about 4.6-4.8 Ghz and i am not sure if this cooler paired with good thermal will manage to keep it at around 70oC.

Does anyone have any recommendations? (single fan coolers would be preferred)

if size isnt the issue go ahead and look at thermalrights le grand macho cooler its got 300 watt TDP can run passivly at 140watt TDP and only has one silent fan

Ok i'll probably buy a double radiator cooler then and btw what delidding tool did you use, I can't seem to find them anywhere

1 minute ago, xXinsert_edgy_name_hereXx said:

Ok i'll probably buy a double radiator cooler then and btw what delidding tool did you use, I can't seem to find them anywhere

use the corner of a razor and go slow it takes less than 2 minutes thats how i did my 8600k and i have no damage to my PCB also i think amazon sells delid tools now, otherwise i know rockitcool has delidders on their website

Edited by Nogghan

24 minutes ago, xXinsert_edgy_name_hereXx said:

https://rockitcool.myshopify.com/

I have this one.  Also if you want me to know you responded you need to quote me in your reply or I won't see it.  I just happened to look at this again and saw your message.

26 minutes ago, xXinsert_edgy_name_hereXx said:

@Nogghan that cooler is almost thicker than my case

lul i did say if size isnt an issue :P also if your poor motor skills or just uncomfortable doing that the nyes spend the extra $50 on a proper delid kit it is worth every penny imo also if you delid it you could run a smaller cooler no problem so also think about that 

36 minutes ago, xXinsert_edgy_name_hereXx said:

Rockit88 deliding tool, or derbaur.

I have a rockit88, delidded my 6700k and got great thermal performance. I will probably never use it again. hell i even have excess Liquid metal and brushes.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

45 minutes ago, TheGlenlivet said:

Not gonna happen.  Even dellidded an OC 7700k will be in the 70s under load.  No delid, probably in the 80s.

Delidded on a Noctua d15 (BIG dual fan air cooler) mine is in high 70's under load at 4.8 Ghz and 1.275-1.3 mv.

They are hot.

What TIM did you use? Mines delidded and overclocked to 5Ghz and mine comes in at 70C max under artificial load, ambient temp is 23 degrees atm

Capture.PNG

15 minutes ago, Oldmeight said:

What TIM did you use? Mines delidded and overclocked to 5Ghz and mine comes in at 70C max under artificial load, ambient temp is 23 degrees atm

Liquid metal.  I'd have to dig it up to check again, but I think it was conductonaught.

I don't have a great chip.  No matter what it won't pass stress test at 5.0.  

1 minute ago, TheGlenlivet said:

Liquid metal.  I'd have to dig it up to check again, but I think it was conductonaught.

I don't have a great chip.  No matter what it won't pass stress test at 5.0.  

guess I got lucky, I've gotten 5.3 stable, but the vcore sits at like 1.45

Just now, Oldmeight said:

guess I got lucky, I've gotten 5.3 stable, but the vcore sits at like 1.45

Might be my Mobo.  GB z170ud5-th.  Not known for overclocking prowess...