I'd Like Advice on Mice.

Ergonomic. Gaming! Wireless!?!?

These are the words that need to describe my next mouse (though, I could do without wireless, I'd prefer it). I have borderline carpal tunnel (my doctor said take Ibuprofen indefinitely and don't use my hands, which is impossible), and I need an easy mouse to use. I'd also like something with a respectable response time, but I'm no competitive player. I'd be happy with something that performs as well as a PS4 controller or a G602. I'd like lag to stay beneath 6 ms, but I doubt I'd be able to tell in a test. I've looked at the following mice considerably (in no particular order):

• Logitech G403/603/703 (same model, I tried the 603 and I think it was a little tall)
  • Logitech G602 (tried it, too big, and the flange on the left for "thumb support" is silly and reduces control)
  • Logitech G903 (seems balanced)
  • Logitech G502 (looks nice, wish it was wireless. I feel like I may end up with this one despite my desire for wireless, just based on public opinion)
  • Logitech MX Master Mouse (apparently ergonomic, but it seems big like the G602)
  • Cougar Revenger S (though it's not wireless, it seems to have a nice grip and would be worth trying)
  • Corsair Dark Core (seems to have good ergo)
  • Anker vertical mice (lol, just considered the prospect)

Related Information/Requirements:

• Hand size: 4.5 in (11.43 cm) wide by 7 in (17.78 cm) long
    • Recommended mouse size (60%, according to the resident mouse thread): 2.7 in (6.858 cm) wide by 4.2 in (10.668 cm) long
  • Auxiliary buttons: At least two. I don't need an MMO mouse and I'm not the Macro King.
  • Using a steelseries QcK mousepad
  • Would prefer optical sensors
  • Removable or rechargeable batteries are fine (removable batteries seem more convenient, rechargeable seem potentially lighter)
  • I'm pretty fluid on budget, but my keyboard is $80 and I'd like to stay at or below that. I think going over $100 is silly, and I'd only buy mice like the G903 on sale.

On the topic of wired vs. wireless mice, I feel that the wire of a wired mouse might be annoying hitting a wood panel on my desk while in use. Let me know you opinion on this. Pictures of the desk and aforementioned wood panel are included.

IMG_3373.thumb.JPG.93e2e6b243c67772979c342620ede21f.JPG IMG_3372.thumb.JPG.7a6882199fefa943c663eaa32978691e.JPG

Which mouse do you like most from my list? What points am I not considering? If you picked your mouse for the same reasons I'm trying to pick mine, why did you choose yours? What should I look at next? Let me know below.

Oh you poor poor thing with that microsoft laser mouse. The only thing I can recommend is stay away from M.A.D. KATZ

"Although there's a problem on the horizon; there's no horizon." - K-2SO

1 minute ago, dj_ripcord said:

microsoft laser mouse

You mean that thing I set there for decoration that I got for $20 in 2004? I just thought it was a neat dongle. I guess I could use it as a mouse. I think I actually bought it to use with a PS2 game...

3 minutes ago, dj_ripcord said:

M.A.D. KATZ

Yeah, I've heard negative things about their modular mouse. Though, with the quantity of mice on the market, I think positive feedback would be more useful than negative feedback. Best pick the needle from the haystack than individually pick all the hay from the haystack.

Rocket Jump Ninja has a pretty comprehensive list of mice he's reviewed complete with hand size charts and what grip styles the mouse is good for. I find his reviews to be pretty spot on.

http://www.rocketjumpninja.com/mouse-reviews/ 

I used his hand size charts when picking my mouse as apparently my hands are on the larger size and not many mice are designed for someone with my hand size to use a "palm grip" and I don't like using a "claw grip" it worked out perfectly for me.

My RIG:

I7 6700k - GTX 1080 -  32GB Ram - 256GB 950 Pro(boot) + 1TB 850 EVO(Programs) + 4TB 860 EVO(Games) + 1TB WD Black (Files)

I can only say that the Logitech G203 and G305 are REALLY good mice, especially the 305. I've had a multidue of mice over the years and none have been quite as comfy as these two mice have been, but this is all subjective. The G502 was also nice and I still have it, but it is used exclusively on my editing machine due to all the buttons that mouse has.

Lappy: i7 8750H | GTX 1060 Max Q | 16Gb 2666Mhz RAM | 256Gb SSD | 1TB HDD | 1080p IPS panel @60Hz | Dell G5

Personally I would go with the g502 as long as you manage the wire correctly, like with a piece of tape, then it shouldn't get in the way at all, also forget about what Linus said in his review about how the scroll wheal is too slippery, its perfectly fine I have no idea what he is talking about.

1 hour ago, redsquirrel0249 said:

You mean that thing I set there for decoration that I got for $20 in 2004? I just thought it was a neat dongle. I guess I could use it as a mouse. I think I actually bought it to use with a PS2 game...

Yeah, I've heard negative things about their modular mouse. Though, with the quantity of mice on the market, I think positive feedback would be more useful than negative feedback. Best pick the needle from the haystack than individually pick all the hay from the haystack.

Hard to give you a option for a mouse that is wireless, comfortable, "easy to use", good sensor, and good materials that isnt the g903 and g900. If you dont care about wires, get the g502. Dont get the gpro/203/305, they are good for aiming but uncomfortable. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2018 at 11:46 PM, SpencerC said:

Logitech G203 and G305

I fear that these might not have enough angling to the right for my ergonomic needs. Though, it's hard to say, I find that flat-handedness isn't very comfortable. At the same time, a neutral orientation like the 903 has enough curve to do fine from what I understand... but that's why this post exists.

On 5/29/2018 at 12:28 AM, overturnedv1 said:

get the g502

There's vote #3.

I hate to say this but I have and love the grip/ergonomic of my razer deathadder elite, some people thinks that razer = crap (so do I ) but with mices they have something that people like me likes and It's related to how the hand rests on the mouse (and you can try on stores since its common to see on malls)

Case: Corsair 760T  |  Psu: Evga  650w p2 | Cpu-Cooler : Noctua Nh-d15 | Cpu : 8600k  | Gpu: Gygabyte 1070 g1 | Ram: 2x8gb Gskill Trident-Z 3000mhz |  Mobo : Aorus GA-Z370 Gaming K3 | Storage : Ocz 120gb sata ssd , sandisk 480gb ssd , wd 1gb hdd | Keyboard : Corsair k95 rgb plat. | Mouse : Razer deathadder elite | Monitor: Dell s2417DG (1440p 165hz gsync) & a crappy hp 24' ips 1080p | Audio: Schiit stack + Akg k712pro + Blue yeti.

I've got three suggestions, as I've got bad joint pain myself (although it's a side effect of medicine).

1. Try Aleve instead of ibuprofen. I've found it far more effective.
  2. Get something to support the rest of your right arm, if your chair doesn't already.
  3. Once you narrow it down, find stores that have them on display. You can call ahead. I've found mice that look perfect, but are incredibly uncomfortable for my hand. The Microsoft mouse I have isn't for gaming, but it feels like it was designed just for my hand. There's only one mouse I've found that beats it, but the scroll wheel is clicky when you turn it (mine is smooth), which I strongly dislike.

I don't know that much about mice specs, but those should help with your pain. I also got this keyboard. The yellow switches made a huge difference. They require almost zero pressure, and they aren't any louder than a regular keyboard once you add dampener. I tried Corsair first, but the Razer one is a lot better in my opinion.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

I fear that these might not have enough angling to the right for my ergonomic needs. Though, it's hard to say, I find that flat-handedness isn't very comfortable. At the same time, a neutral orientation like the 903 has enough curve to do fine from what I understand... but that's why this post exists.

There's vote #3.

Ye. I actually use a g203, but it is uncomfortable. If you dont care about wires, get the 502. If you dont care about money, get the g900, which is the best mouse out there, just expensive

11 minutes ago, overturnedv1 said:

the g900, which is the best mouse out there, just expensive

You should take a look at the Swiftpoint Z. IMO it has a better grip, rubber on sides and more features. I switched to it from a G900 and I like it more. It's a very expensive mouse, but I'd put it up there with the G900 at the very least.

7 hours ago, Peskanova said:

you can try on stores

Wish I could, Best Buy is the only thing around here, and they won't let you open boxes to test items. Not headphones, nothing.

6 hours ago, overturnedv1 said:

If you dont care about wires, get the 502. If you dont care about money, get the g900

I think I'm just going to have to do some size comparisons, buy on amazon, and return the one I dislike.

6 hours ago, Motifator said:

Swiftpoint Z ($199.99)

On 5/28/2018 at 11:05 PM, redsquirrel0249 said:

Related Information/Requirements:

• I'm pretty fluid on budget, but my keyboard is $80 and I'd like to stay at or below that. I think going over $100 is silly, and I'd only buy mice like the G903 on sale.

@Motifator luh maow

Yeah I know, lol. Just saying I prefer it to the G900.

You can get the G900 or one of its variants (like G903), they're also excellent mice.

Wish I could, Best Buy is the only thing around here, and they won't let you open boxes to test items. Not headphones, nothing.

I think I'm just going to have to do some size comparisons, buy on amazon, and return the one I dislike.

@Motifator luh maow

dont get that mouse, people have a gross habit of recommending their own products. Kinda cringy. "I like this random LINHOW GAMING 5 dollar mouse from china" or something.

The comment above is fucking stupid, he has no idea about the mouse and is making assumptions. It has nothing to do with just me using it. I bought it from another user's advice, it has features no other mouse has and comes with the same sensor in the G900, along with better feel. The grip feels better because it has two plastic parts for your hand to rest on, on the left and the right side.

Go away with that nonsense.

1 hour ago, overturnedv1 said:

gross habit of recommending their own products

Obviously, because they've used them. I've never heard of people recommending products that aren't their own. I frequently recommend my Meshify C case, Ryzen 5 1600 processor, and Phillips SHP9500 headphones to others because I esteem them as good purchases. As for people who like inferior or overpriced products, they're entitled to their niche opinion. It's like people who buy Titan graphics cards. They're clearly going to be matched by a Ti version later for half the price, but something in their brain justifies their lack of care for that sort of thing.

1 hour ago, Motifator said:

stupid

Young man, we don't use "stupid" in this household, watch your language.

1 hour ago, Motifator said:

making assumptions

We all do this, but I get your point. He's making an invalid conclusion about your mouse based on a rather unrelated generalization. Though, both of your opinions are ultimately subjective and incomparable, so seeking to justify either side is futile. neither side is obliged to defend his/her opinion.

I'd be interested to hear more from a price tag almost double the 903, though. Better feel is subjective, and other mice offer similar button counts. More concrete explanation for the recommendation in this post would make me consider the mouse less silly than I think it is already.