S8 Camera out focus

Had my phone for two months now and I got this problem now. Sometimes but not always the camera open out of focus. Like it's trying to focus on something close to the lense.

Waving my hand in front of the lense doesn't seem to refocus the camera. It stays stuck. Even closing the camera app, and shutting down the process and restarting it doesn't always help.

Is this a known issue? Anything I could do about it?

Rma might be your best bet

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN RESPONDING

Please Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It. Take Time & Explain

New TOS RUINED the meme that used to be below :( 

6 minutes ago, Jrock said:

Rma might be your best bet

I have a feeling it won't be able to recreate the issue in the store but I could try. But if it's something samsung could patch should I wait?

Just now, deadmoo5e said:

I have a feeling it won't be able to recreate the issue in the store but I could try. But if it's something samsung could path should I wait?

Honestly im no camera guru but what you're describing sounds like a hardware issue rather than software.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN RESPONDING

Please Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It. Take Time & Explain

New TOS RUINED the meme that used to be below :( 

I have the same issue, it randomly can't seem to focus.

After looking it up it seems like a rather common issue, the mechanism is stuck. Hitting it against your hand to unstuck it usually fixes the problem.

Have it replaced if it happens too often and your phone is still under warranty.

14 minutes ago, Lifh said:

I have the same issue, it randomly can't seem to focus.

After looking it up it seems like a rather common issue, the mechanism is stuck. Hitting it against your hand to unstuck it usually fixes the problem.

Have it replaced if it happens too often and your phone is still under warranty.

It's stuck. So it is a hardware problem. Thought I would avoid issues like this since I bought this phone a year after launch but no such luck. But thanks for the clarification. :)

I have a feeling it will continue so I'll definitely RMA it in the future.