Monitor caps out at 80hz on 144hz Monitor

I have a Viewsonic XG3240C 31.5" gaming monitor paired with a GTX 1080Ti and ryzen 1700. As the monitor is freesync, i turned it off, but when i try to get my monitor above 80hz through nividia settings it blacks out and reverts back to 80. I'm wondering if its a driver issue, or a monitor issue, or something completely different. i have that monitor sandwiched between 2 Acer ET322QR 31.5" monitors, these are at 75hz refresh rate overclocked from 60hz.

If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated.AC10958_1.jpgumje2sa002.jpg

11 minutes ago, coxy_2002 said:

I have a Viewsonic XG3240C 31.5" gaming monitor paired with a GTX 1080Ti and ryzen 1700. As the monitor is freesync, i turned it off, but when i try to get my monitor above 80hz through nividia settings it blacks out and reverts back to 80. I'm wondering if its a driver issue, or a monitor issue, or something completely different. i have that monitor sandwiched between 2 Acer ET322QR 31.5" monitors, these are at 75hz refresh rate overclocked from 60hz.

If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated.

Is the driver up to date?

Check on ViewSonics website and download all drivers that you might need

Display port over 3 meter lengths and i already have the latest version of the monitors drivers.

Generally that indicates a DisplayPort cable that can only handle DisplayPort 1.1 speeds. This is common with long cables, especially off-brand ones. Use the cable that came with the monitor, or buy a VESA-certified cable if you are going to buy a longer one.