Acer Predator XB241H bmipr OR Benq Zowie XL2546

Satish Suthar

Hello,

So as the title suggests, I'm looking to buy a new monitor in the coming two months. With upgrading my GPU as well.

I'll be first waiting for next gen GPU from Nvidia, (GTX 1180/Ti) then I'll also be wanting to purchase a monitor for my gaming + rendering needs.

I mainly am studying 3D Modeling/Digital Sculpting but I also keep up with gaming, my main game right now would be Rainbow Six Siege and I do get competitive when I play the multiplayer which is why I thought about upgrading to a better monitor with higher refresh rate when I get my GPU. I also buy latest AAA titles when I find them interesting

Currently the monitor I'm using is a Dell S2240L 60Hz 1080p IPS display.

With the budget I'm going for, I found these two monitors interesting :

Acer Predator XB241H bmipr with G-Sync

and

Benq Zowie XL2546 (I'd get XL2540 since there's not much difference and I still don't understand DyAc well but interestingly enough, I found XL2546 to be cheaper here)

Now, what I want to know, is it worth trading off the extra refresh rate for G-Sync? I've never played on a higher refresh rate OR on a monitor with G-Sync. So you guys tell me what are the pros and cons, if there are any?

Thank you!

10 hours ago, Satish Suthar said:

Now, what I want to know, is it worth trading off the extra refresh rate for G-Sync? I've never played on a higher refresh rate OR on a monitor with G-Sync. So you guys tell me what are the pros and cons, if there are any?

Thank you!

I've watched a lot of reviews with SLI 1080 TIs and they wouldn't saturate the 240 hz of the benq as far as I know. I would get the g-sync monitor. Both of those panels are TN though and if you're doing 3D stuff I would consider IPS if that matters.

Living Room: HTPC (M1 Mac Mini 8/256) HiFi (Furman Elite-15 PFi > Cambridge 851N > Emotiva A300 > Focal Chora 826) Display (65-inch LG Oled, 22-inch Dell)

Office: Workstation (AMD 3900X, RX5700XT, 32GB) Headphones (Cambridge DacMagic+ > Schiit Lyr 3 > DT 990. 2 Sonos One in Stereo) Display (32-inch Gigabyte)

8 hours ago, lttUser1234 said:

I've watched a lot of reviews with SLI 1080 TIs and they wouldn't saturate the 240 hz of the benq as far as I know. I would get the g-sync monitor. Both of those panels are TN though and if you're doing 3D stuff I would consider IPS if that matters.

IPS with a high refresh rate is damn expensive. Plus, since I already own a Dell S2240L, I'm thinking I'll just use that one for my 3D Work?

But, would you suggest that as mainly a 3D Artist, I should instead spend the money I was willing to spend on a gaming monitor for something better? Is there something that could get better than what I have (S2240L) to help me with content creation? Or just use it for 3D and get a gaming one to have best of both worlds?

(Something like a Dell Ultrasharp 24 or 27 inches)