$850 Video Editing PC

Hello everyone, I am looking for some advise on a PC build with a MAX budget of $850.00. The system will mainly be used to Edit 4k Video in Adobe Premier Pro Editing Software, but I do not plan to game on this computer . The current components that I do have is a keyboard, mouse, and one monitor (Not a 4k monitor). I would really appreciate any recommendations you all may have on this subject. The max budget is $850 is because of a recent recommended that I found for editing that I will attach to this topic, But if there are cheeper options for the same or better performance you may know about please advise. Thank you for taking the time, and I look forward to hear from you all. http://a.co/4pNJ8jN

I would definitely advise against a single 16gb ram and go with 2 8gb for dual channel. Honestly for video editing in premiere with that setup you'll be disappointed. I would wait until youre able to increase the budget and get a better gpu

Being on that budget I would probably ditch the graphics card and put together an Intel build using the integrated GPU (also for hardware acceleration within Premiere).

This way you can actually save or re-route some of your money: as an example if you are working with 4K a 120GB SSD is most likely not going to be enough. So I would take at least 250GB and maybe even nVME as you may have some benefits when working with such large files. Consider also to buy a big HDD to store your projects when you finished working on it.

Also in any case get 2 sticks of 8GB memory instead of a single 16GB stick; this way you will benefit from dual channel memory (you still retain upgrading capabilities since you have 4 DIMM slots)

Here is an example, the i7-8700 has same core/threads and faster out of the box clock speed than the 2600X (the stock cooler will work fine)

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ms2fyX

Cheers

6 hours ago, Mamonos said:

Being on that budget I would probably ditch the graphics card and put together an Intel build using the integrated GPU (also for hardware acceleration within Premiere).

This way you can actually save or re-route some of your money: as an example if you are working with 4K a 120GB SSD is most likely not going to be enough. So I would take at least 250GB and maybe even nVME as you may have some benefits when working with such large files. Consider also to buy a big HDD to store your projects when you finished working on it.

Also in any case get 2 sticks of 8GB memory instead of a single 16GB stick; this way you will benefit from dual channel memory (you still retain upgrading capabilities since you have 4 DIMM slots)

Here is an example, the i7-8700 has same core/threads and faster out of the box clock speed than the 2600X (the stock cooler will work fine)

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ms2fyX

Cheers

After a bit of research I was able to find that this example build would be a better solution to what I would need to accomplish for Editing. I was unaware that the GPU is not needed for a build of this type and I am glad to find out that it came out under the price I was expecting to spend. And Yes I forgot to mention that I also do have a 1TB HHD and plan to move to other larger sizes once I begin to work on bigger projects. I really do appreciate your feedback!

2 minutes ago, Bakerx27 said:

After a bit of research I was able to find that this example build would be a better solution to what I would need to accomplish for Editing. I was unaware that the GPU is not needed for a build of this type and I am glad to find out that it came out under the price I was expecting to spend. And Yes I forgot to mention that I also do have a 1TB HHD and plan to move to other larger sizes once I begin to work on bigger projects. I really do appreciate your feedback!

Thank you sir. Video editing and rendering is mostly a CPU-heavy task. With the latest versions of premiere you can get it done with the integrated graphics and the good point is that you can always buy a GPU later on. Have fun

6 hours ago, Tekred said:

I would definitely advise against a single 16gb ram and go with 2 8gb for dual channel. Honestly for video editing in premiere with that setup you'll be disappointed. I would wait until youre able to increase the budget and get a better gpu

Yes after reeding other threads this morning and seeing that others recommended this over a single I will defiantly be going with 2 8gb and a better CPU such as the i7-8700. Thanks for all you help!