Graphics card suggestions?

Alamazing 1735

Hello everyone! I've recently took on the challenge of throwing a new PC together for myself, well upgrading the dinosaur of a system I had. I recently have gotten myself a Mother board, CPU (AMD FX 9370), and some ram, and now am looking to see what graphics card to pick up, iv'e had my eye on one of Asus' GTX 760's, but i'm not sure what to get yet. I'll be using this rig for gaming and such so if any of you have any suggestions it would be much appreciated!

that CPU pulls a TON of power. What MOBO are you using? You could easily fry it if its not on that CPU's whitelist. Also, you had better be water cooling because its a beast.

Also, how many monitors at what resolutions? Will you need CUDA (if you do you will know)? Can you settle with an AMD card? What is your budget?

~Judah

No budget so GTX 780Ti.

But really, r9 280x or 290 or gtx 770 or gtx 780.

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

man, that cpu... you're crazy

No budget so GTX 780Ti.

yeah, no budget = 780Ti (kingpin edition hum...???). and i did not even mentioned 4-way sli so... yeah... xD

Get a 780 lightning or something and OC it for 780 ti (or close to) performance. 

I think 500$ for the 780 is an amazing deal, especially after seeing the price increases on the r9 series.

If you don't have 500$ in your budget, try and find an r9 280x that hasn't been shot through the roof with it's pricing.

If you can't find one in your area that isn't 100+$ over retail, buy a 760 DCU2

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Fortunately the CPU was a gift, for what i'll be using it for it's highly over powered i'm sure. Thank you for all the suggestions! I'll be looking into things later today when I am allowed more time, Merry Christmas or Happy holiday to all, whichever you prefer!

Fortunately the CPU was a gift, for what i'll be using it for it's highly over powered i'm sure. Thank you for all the suggestions! I'll be looking into things later today when I am allowed more time, Merry Christmas or Happy holiday to all, whichever you prefer!

Unsure if I'm a bit late on the train here. 

I'm no expert or anything in video cards, but I know that EVGA's GTX 760 Dual Superclocked w/ EVGA ACX Cooler it just seems to be the best from a few benchmarks I've seen, in terms of cooling performance.

Plus if you go above the 760, I believe you begin dipping into GPU's that are more powerful of course, but more geared to run higher resolutions than 1080.

that CPU pulls a TON of power. What MOBO are you using? You could easily fry it if its not on that CPU's whitelist. Also, you had better be water cooling because its a beast.

Also, how many monitors at what resolutions? Will you need CUDA (if you do you will know)? Can you settle with an AMD card? What is your budget?

Sure does, I may need to pick up a new power supply, and possibly a new MOBO I dont think it supports this puppy.. Currently only have two random monitors at some random resolutions ones 1080 though (I'm pretty sure) and as cheap as possible with the most preformance around 200-300 since i'll be needing to pick up a new PSU and MOBO probably.. So low side of 200 would be best..

Sure does, I may need to pick up a new power supply, and possibly a new MOBO I dont think it supports this puppy.. Currently only have two random monitors at some random resolutions ones 1080 though (I'm pretty sure) and as cheap as possible with the most preformance around 200-300 since i'll be needing to pick up a new PSU and MOBO probably.. So low side of 200 would be best..

In that case, id go with nVidia. AMD is usually better suited for more displays than your using.

Go with a GTX 760 or 770.

~Judah

No budget so GTX 780Ti.

Evga gtx 780Ti Classified, even tastier.. Mmm.. Performance

Evga gtx 780Ti Classified, even tastier.. Mmm.. Performance

Evga 780ti kingpin edition 4way sli, even more tastier..

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

A R9 280X would be a good choice if you can find one for around 300. If not, a 7950 would be a good choice: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/sapphire-video-card-111961920g

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Lmao at the 780ti suggestion. Yea, if you want to piss away money. 

I'd suggest a 280x or a 290 that ships w/ Battlefield 4. 

8320 @ 4.3ghz l Gigabyte 970a Ud3 l Hyper 212 Evo l R9 290 l 8gb RAM 1866 Vengeance l 1tb WD Black l 120gb Samsung Evo SSD l HX750 Gold PSU l 500d Arctic Case l Windows 8 OS l K65 and Blackwidow Keyboard l M65 and DeathAdder 2013 l Qck Steelseries l 24in Vizio Monitor 1080p

I'd suggest the R9 290 as its the current best performance for the money card out there (well, minus the current price gouging) and that way you can keep the rig all AMD!

Intel Core i7 4930K @ 4.7GHz | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | 2 x EVGA GTX Titan SC (1254MHz) | 16GB Patriot Viper Extreme DDR3 2133MHz (4 x 4GB) | Corsair AX1200 | Silverstone Temjin TJ11 | Corsair Force 3 240GB (System) | 2 x Intel 320 160GB SSD (Dedicated Gaming Drives) | Hitachi Deskstar 1TB (Data) | MS Windows 10 Pro | EK Supreme HF/FC-Titan/Rampage IV Extreme blocks | Hardware Labs GTX 560/240 rads | Alphacool VPP-655 D5 pump | Bitspower mod kit/pump top/fittings/120mm res