Does anyone play Final Fantasy XIV?

PcTechynine

Anyone play Final Fantasy 14? If so, do you know a good program to run for the special bard instruments and how to macro them ?

Ask in the FFXIV official forum, if it is legal.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

11 hours ago, M.Yurizaki said:

You could try using AutoHotkey. I haven't used it though so you're on your own with that.

That is illegal in most MMORPG and can be a bannable offensive.

With Final Fantasy 14 you have a scripting tool and can write scripts yourself.

For example to make a ding when you raise someone.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

I do play it a shit ton, but haven't bothered with bard songs. You can try on Reddit. There is a shit ton of threads about bard songs, with in game macros, if that helps.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

9 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

That is illegal in most MMORPG and can be a bannable offensive.

With Final Fantasy 14 you have a scripting tool and can write scripts yourself.

For example to make a ding when you raise someone.

Let's clarify a few things here:

• It's nitpicking but using the term "illegal" doesn't make sense. It's not like you're going to go to jail for using third party programs.
  • The macro system in FFXIV is iffy at best.
    • It's unreliable depending on your connection. You almost never use it in high-end raids because depending on what the server feels like, your macro will be flubbed. I've counted numerous times where I failed to do an instant resurrection because the macro missed a step and either I didn't actually cast Raise or Swiftcast didn't actually go off.
    • You can't have macros chain into other macros, so at best, you're only playing a section of a song
    • If you chain actions together without a wait, the system will replay the macro as fast as it can. You can insert wait actions but the smallest precision this is is 1 second despite the macro system accepting decimal numbers. And while I haven't added music keys to a macro, I'm also certain the macro system doesn't give any special preference to how to play it back.
  • The whole thing with a third party macroing system is if it gives you an unfair advantage. I can't think of a situation in FFXIV, aside from crafting, where using a  third party macro would give you a better advantage except in crafting, if only because you don't have to use multiple macros to do a recipe (and even then, there's a lot of things you still need to react to). A lot of higher level play is reacting to situations and popping procs.
  • There's already a large community of higher level players that technically are breaking the TOS anyway by parsing. Parsing is technically a bannable offense, but officially it's been mostly a "don't ask, don't tell" policy. The GMs don't care if you parse unless you're doing it to harass other players. And parsing is a vital tool in higher-end raids because you need to make sure your team's DPS is up to snuff.

I mean, I don't see a problem using a third party macro tool to play music. What, does that make the other players who play it manually more butthurt or something?

3 hours ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Let's clarify a few things here:

• It's nitpicking but using the term "illegal" doesn't make sense. It's not like you're going to go to jail for using third party programs.
  • The macro system in FFXIV is iffy at best.
    • It's unreliable depending on your connection. You almost never use it in high-end raids because depending on what the server feels like, your macro will be flubbed. I've counted numerous times where I failed to do an instant resurrection because the macro missed a step and either I didn't actually cast Raise or Swiftcast didn't actually go off.
    • You can't have macros chain into other macros, so at best, you're only playing a section of a song
    • If you chain actions together without a wait, the system will replay the macro as fast as it can. You can insert wait actions but the smallest precision this is is 1 second despite the macro system accepting decimal numbers. And while I haven't added music keys to a macro, I'm also certain the macro system doesn't give any special preference to how to play it back.
  • The whole thing with a third party macroing system is if it gives you an unfair advantage. I can't think of a situation in FFXIV, aside from crafting, where using a  third party macro would give you a better advantage except in crafting, if only because you don't have to use multiple macros to do a recipe (and even then, there's a lot of things you still need to react to). A lot of higher level play is reacting to situations and popping procs.
  • There's already a large community of higher level players that technically are breaking the TOS anyway by parsing. Parsing is technically a bannable offense, but officially it's been mostly a "don't ask, don't tell" policy. The GMs don't care if you parse unless you're doing it to harass other players. And parsing is a vital tool in higher-end raids because you need to make sure your team's DPS is up to snuff.

I mean, I don't see a problem using a third party macro tool to play music. What, does that make the other players who play it manually more butthurt or something?

Guy in my FC uses a 3rd party program to translate the signals from the midi keyboard he plugged into his pc to something the game can understand. So he can legit play music,  Hes so damn good lol.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump