Desks!!

1_thing

I'm not getting my build for a while but I was thinking wether to use my generic ikea desks or wether to make a custom desk?

Try making your own if you want, however if your current desks work, they should be fine.

Spoiler

Try making your own if you want, however if your current desks work, they should be fine.

If you have skills to build a good desk then do it, you can have better for cheaper. =D

Yea I think I have the skills and I also think it would be awesome to have a custom one.

Absolutely build your own. Search on Google for "Sketch Up" pc desk plans. There are lots of people who have made plans already that you can access for free. It will also be something to be way more proud of because you built it.  :)

CPU - Intel i7-4770K OC @ 4.4Ghz Motherboard - Asus Maximus Vi Hero RAM - G.Skill Rampage 8Gb (2x4Gb) 1600MHz GPU - Saphire Radeon HD-6870 Case - Corsair Carbide Air 540

Storage - OCZ Agility 3 120Gb SSD, Western Digital 2TB Black, Western Digital 3TB Green PSU - Corsair 760i Display(s) - 3x Dell S2340M 23" LCD IPS panels Cooling - Corsair H100i

Keyboard - Corsair K70 with Cherry MX Red Mouse - Corsair M65 Sound - Optical Out to Sony STR-K670P 5.1 system; Headphones - Presonus HP60

I got two old lab tables from my school for 10$ each and they work great. You should ask about something like that.

"Anything that makes a console more like a PC, makes it better" 

-Linus Sebastian

If you plan on doing this i would just make a regular desk, and not build one of the desks that also function as a pc case.

a pc desk or just a desk. it depends on what your needs are, i wanted a large L shaped desk so it was cheaper for me to build and easier to get it. i used a cheap jigsaw (got job done but i wish i found a better one as the always went off at an angle) and a hand drill for screws. it looks a little cheap but i like it as it does what i want/need very well, if u want anything that you couldnt just buy or buy and slightly mod then, just one of those options. if you need something thats unique so you cant easily find it or want to do it for the experience then you go right a head and make one

i made a desk cost me about £80 for materials (£25 delivery included).

Materials list: [some hyperlinked to website]

Furniture Panel Beech Eff 15x600x2400mm    Quantity of 1         cut in half to get L shape

Studwork Timber 38x63mmx2.4m Quantity of 3         cut into multiple legs of 680mm height and supports between 2 sheet halves

long screws about 75cm to screw legs to desk top

couple of flat T brackets and L brackets and small screws

post-16156-0-22680100-1388273276_thumb.j

post-16156-0-43244000-1388273285_thumb.j

Just a guy with a beard