PC crashes in loud static noise

Zero158adf

Alright, so this happens very rarely but more than I thought it would. Basically, sometimes when i'm in the middle of a game my pc will randomly freeze and a loud static [ear rape] sound can be heard. (pardon my language but it actually makes me jump sometimes) 

So far I know that my graphics drivers are updated.

I've tried looking up other forums on this and so far here are some possible problems that have been brought up but I believe could be a myth:

1.) Realtech high definition audio bug (cant figure how that would cause this)

2.) Power supply ( I have 700 watt amd I believe that would cause it to crash only in games but i could be wrong)

3.) Hard drive (I reformatted it and nothing ever seemed to be an issue with it, I know that it isnt the problem but i'm just shooting ideas out there)

My specs are as follows: 

GTX 980

i7 6700k

EVGA 750 G1+

WD Blue 2Tb 7200 RPM 64MB

ASUS Z170‑PRO GAMING Motherboard

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO cpu fan

Could you say in what games computer freezes?

1 hour ago, 'ospis12 said:

Could you say in what games computer freezes?

GTA 5, Rainbow Six Siege, Fornite, and CS:GO. I only play those games, but it seems to happen on all of them at some point or another. Some more than others

regarding your first point in first post, any drivers can cause system instability, because they are low level code. So if there is a bug that appears in some cases it may make your PC freeze. Updating drivers will not make it worse and can only help.

I'm sure it's not a HDD problem 

1 hour ago, 'ospis12 said:

regarding your first point in first post, any drivers can cause system instability, because they are low level code. So if there is a bug that appears in some cases it may make your PC freeze. Updating drivers will not make it worse and can only help.

I'm sure it's not a HDD problem 

Definently not the HDD, PSU or Graphics. I think it might have something to do with realtek audio drivers on my soundcard but im not sure how to confirm this or fix it. I dont know how I would fix drivers for the soundcard or update them but im going to look for a solution. Let me know if you have any

Have you overclocked your cpu or ram?

I experienced almost the same when the voltages for the DDR4 were to low.

Main PC: R7 3700X / Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro Wifi / Radeon RX 5700 XT / 32GB DDR4-3200 / 250GB & 2TB Crucial MX500 (in HP Prodesk 400 Case)

Laptop: R5 2500U / Radeon Vega 8 / 8GB DDR4-2400 / 500GB SK Hynix BC501 (HP Envy x360 13)

My little Server: i7-7700 / Asrock H110M-ITX / 24GB DDR4-2400 / Samsung 860 Pro 250GB & Seagate Firecuda 2TB / VMware ESXi 6.7

(Don't tell me i should Name them, i don't want to ^^)

is this just the game crashing or the whole system?

22 minutes ago, JCourt said:

is this just the game crashing or the whole system?

PC

24 minutes ago, TheLaserCucumber said:

Have you overclocked your cpu or ram?

I experienced almost the same when the voltages for the DDR4 were to low.

Not OC on anything

have you check temps and done a ram test

6 minutes ago, JCourt said:

have you check temps and done a ram test

ram is fine, temp are lower than ive ever seen, even at full load.

I have seen something like this a long time ago with my fresh build, my graphics card vram was faulty and somehow killed my ram, after sending them both back for warrenty they got replaced, also on a DIrt 2  game my audio bit rate was set to high and kept crashing the game, however this was only the game and not the whole system, what makes you think this is an audio driver problem just out of interest?

1 hour ago, JCourt said:

I have seen something like this a long time ago with my fresh build, my graphics card vram was faulty and somehow killed my ram, after sending them both back for warrenty they got replaced, also on a DIrt 2  game my audio bit rate was set to high and kept crashing the game, however this was only the game and not the whole system, what makes you think this is an audio driver problem just out of interest?

Just saw another thread about it but i really dont know

have you tried to uninstall the audio driver

On 5/26/2018 at 1:39 PM, JCourt said:

have you tried to uninstall the audio driver

not yet, I dont really see how that would effect the crashes. Still trying to find a solution