[LG G6] Something stuck in my 3.5mm port?

Section35

Hi guys,

Sorry if this is the wrong section (no pun intended.) A little backstory;

I'm a volunteer rural firefighter and I keep my phone on me at work, as if I receive a callout I need to be able to contact my first officer immediately. However, something has recently fallen into the slot (I'm one of those guys who uses his pockets as rubbish bins) and I can't get it out. I've tried different pairs of headphones and speakers and there's definitely something not allowing the jack to slide in completely, thus causing the headphones I have plugged in to disconnect at random intervals. I was wondering what I could do to deal with this situation? I've tried blowing into it, tapping it on my desk, and they haven't worked. I'm happy to give everything a try, with the exception of melting it in Lava :P

Thanks for any help,

S35.

Hiya :)

Feel free to quote me in a reply so I can see your reply :)

Compressed air?

Don't do it too deep inside. Keep it a distance away

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

Maybe poke and swirl a needle around? If it got in there, it's likely lint, paper or something similarly easy to coerce out

CPU: AMD Sempron 2400+ / MOBO: Abit NF7-S2G / GPU: WinFast A180BT 64MB / RAM: Mushkin DDR333 256MBx2 / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 120GB

If compressed air doesn't work (or if you've tried putting headphones/mic into the slot and it's compressed whatever is in there near the top of the port), you could purchase a pair of needle-nose tweezers to try to grab whatever is in the slot. No guarantees of course, depending on how jammed in there (and what exactly it is).

Or like @meenmeen1103 said, rummage around with an actual needle. Not sure how I didn't think of that.

I'm thinking like this, though obviously not in bulk - http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/New-Ultra-Fine-Points-Tweezers-Set_50002009511.html

Edited by Tabs