i feel really stupid i do one mistake after the other in picking a pc -_-

saif96

so i pretty much did 3 dumb mistake

first of i bought a 1050wt power supply which will only power 1GPU for gaming! what was i thinking-_- should of went with the 850watts and saved $100 ill keep it anyways.

second i bought i bought DDR4 3200hz and it doesnt even support my motherboard! so now im trying to sell it and hope i can get my money back from it.

third i bought the thermaltake P5 case which i really wished that i havent because its so big and its going to look so empty i really wished that i went with the P3 instead.

the first and second items im too late in returning because i had it more then 2 weeks, but im not sure about the case, the guy that was working on it sent me pics showing how empty it looks im just hopping he can exchange it im not gonna find out till tomorrow what do you think is gonna happen?

I think your going to make a post on this form before ever buying anything related to computers again. lol

Setup:

Name: Ryzentosh

AMD Ryzen 5 1600

Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 570 8GB

MSI B350 PC Mate

Corsair Spec-01

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 2400mhz

Kingston A400 120GB

Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Thermaltake Smart RGB Series 600W

Be Quite! Pure Wings 2

"I don't make mistakes. I make prophecies which immediately turn out to be wrong." ~ Murray Walker RIP

1) you can probably sell it on and not lose too much money as its barely used. Also, even 850 would have been too much, you could have gotten a 550, or even 450 depending on your GPU, and still not be maxing it out.

2) what motherboard? the majority will support 3200mhz even when not listed as a "supported" speed

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

1 minute ago, RKRiley said:

1) you can probably sell it on and not lose too much money as its barely used

2) what motherboard? the majority will support 3200mhz even when not listed as a "supported" speed

i have no idea its an old motherboard that supports only DDR3

2 minutes ago, ForChickenNuggets said:

I think your going to make a post on this form before ever buying anything related to computers again. lol

you bet your ass i will

3 minutes ago, saif96 said:

i have no idea its an old motherboard that supports only DDR3

Why are you building a system that's still using a platform that's on DDR3 memory?

Actually, after reading that last line, why are you having someone else build you a new system, that's still a DDR3 system?

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

Why are you building a system that's still using a platform that's on DDR3 memory?

Its cheap I am building one on a DDR3 platform. Have you seen DDR4 prices

Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5 1600

MSI B350 PC Mate

Corsair Spec-01

Kingston A400 120GB

Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Be Quite! Pure Wings 2

"I don't make mistakes. I make prophecies which immediately turn out to be wrong." ~ Murray Walker RIP

1 minute ago, ForChickenNuggets said:

But he bought DDR4 ram anyway and not to mention the 1050 watt power supply, and he's having someone else build the system for him, so he can't be that short on money lol.

Just now, RKRiley said:

But he bought DDR4 ram anyway and he's having someone else build the system for him, so he can't be that short on money lol.

If I say Brain.exe has stopped working will we both forget this

Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5 1600

MSI B350 PC Mate

Corsair Spec-01

Kingston A400 120GB

Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Be Quite! Pure Wings 2

Just now, ForChickenNuggets said:

If I say Brain.exe has stopped working will we both forget this

Your brain or his brain? xD but yes haha.

(no offence meant to either)

Your brain or his brain? xD but yes haha.

(no offence meant to either)

Don't know my brain crashed

Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5 1600

MSI B350 PC Mate

Corsair Spec-01

Kingston A400 120GB

Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Be Quite! Pure Wings 2

35 minutes ago, RKRiley said:

Actually, after reading that last line, why are you having someone else build you a new system, that's still a DDR3 system?

when i got that motherboard i was a total noob in pc i had no idea what im doing and i just found out today that its a ddr3

33 minutes ago, RKRiley said:

But he bought DDR4 ram anyway and not to mention the 1050 watt power supply, and he's having someone else build the system for him, so he can't be that short on money lol.

he's building it for free tho

1 minute ago, saif96 said:

he's building it for free tho

Can he give you any advice as to parts? If not, feel free to go post in our New Builds and Planning subforum, list your budget and country, and have our users give recommendations on partslists you can build.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

1 hour ago, ForChickenNuggets said:

LOL Yeah first worlder problems

its fine