PC restarts when opening any game

Hi,

I made my build a year ago and everything worked fine but from the past week i havr started facing an issue which is when start any game my pc just restarts. 

Internet browsing, normal tasks everything is running fine but whenever i start any game it restarts. Please help me through with my problem.

Configuration:

• Processor: Intel Core i5-7500
  • MB: MSI B250M mortar
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB 2400 mhz
  • HDD: 1TB WD BLUE 7200RPM
  • SSD: 250 GB WD BLUE
  • PSU: Cooler Master Masterwatt lite 500 W

Is there a blue screen or anything or it is just like you pressed the reset button on the computer? Does it reset instantly when you start a game or does it take a few minutes before it resets?

Start with the easy stuff first. Updating any video drivers. Look on MSI's website and update any new drivers they have.

When was the last time your computer got updates? I know the Windows 10 feature update was release earlier this month. Maybe that has something to do with it. Look at the update history see if that coincides with when you started having issues.  

It just like you have pressed the reset button and all of the drivers are up to date so I think this might not be the case. 
Also, I have updated the windows a little while ago. 

First make sure you have auto reboot on error disabled.

Then install whocrashed, this helps with windows dump files and allows you to read them easier.

If a system hard reboots when you play a game you need to figure out if it is hardware or software, a symptom of a failing psu would be to shut down or restart the system, but i feel you may have a faulty driver.

What did you install prior to the first crash?

Have you performed a clean install of your graphic drivers? or tried using older drivers?

Have you ran a heaven bench test? this will stress the graphic card in a real world situation.

Does it crash in all games or just one game? does it crash in 3D games and 2D games? 

What power wattage is the PSU, and is it a know brand? its unlikely, but a bad PSU may have been able to supply you system when it was new, but the constant load may have weakend it to the point where is can no longer sustain the needs of the system, but this is a worst case scenario, troubleshoot with drivers in mind at the moment. 

1 minute ago, Direwinds said:

Then install whocrashed, this helps with windows dump files and allows you to read them easier.

If a system hard reboots when you play a game you need to figure out if it is hardware or software, a symptom of a failing psu would be to shut down or restart the system, but i feel you may have a faulty driver.

Have you performed a clean install of your graphic drivers? or tried using older drivers?

Have you ran a heaven bench test? this will stress the graphic card in a real world situation.

Does it crash in all games or just one game? does it crash in 3D games and 2D games? 

What power wattage is the PSU, and is it a know brand? its unlikely, but a bad PSU may have been able to supply you system when it was new, but the constant load may have weakend it to the point where is can no longer sustain the needs of the system, but this is a worst case scenario, troubleshoot with drivers in mind at the moment. 

Thanks man I will try these.

Hi, I have disabled auto restart on system failure as well as tried whocrashed after running a game. The same thing happened no memory dump file for the software to check.
The wattage of the PSU is 500W and with all the other games also system restart problem is there.

10 hours ago, Direwinds said:

The system also restarted when the heaven benchmark started.