Computer Wont Boot Up After POWER OUTAGE

BeanerBandit

To make a long story short it was a rainy night and there was a power outage where the power in my house just went out. Now the computer won't run for some reason. The only thing I was able to see was the MSI boot menu and whenever I try to reboot there is a blue error screen. Not being very tech savvy wasnt sure what to do. So I gave up 2 years passed and I tried again and so I was messing around the boot menu and changing the startup order. Where you chose which component starts up first (hard drives and USB and such)... I messed something up and now the screen doesn't even boot up anymore in terms of the boot menu. PLEASE HELPPP

IMG_0303.JPG

IMG_0304.JPG

IMG_0305.JPG

IMG_0306.JPG

IMG_0307.JPG

IMG_0308.JPG

Did you try unplugging the PSU? Reseating the RAM?

Also there should be some way to reset the BIOS, consult your motherboard manual

Eventually try different PSU, or try plugging the hard drive into another PC if applicable.

Quote and/or tag people using @ otherwise they don't get notified of your response!

The HUMBLE Computer:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X • Noctua NH-U12A • ASUS STRIX X570-F • Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 • GIGABYTE Nvidia GTX1080 G1 • FRACTAL DESIGN Define C w/ blue Meshify C front • Corsair RM750x (2018) • OS: Kingston KC2000 1TB GAMES: Intel 660p 1TB DATA: Seagate Desktop 2TB • Acer Predator X34P 34" 3440x1440p 120 Hz IPS curved Ultrawide • Corsair STRAFE RGB Cherry MX Brown • Logitech G502 HERO / Logitech MX Master 3

Notebook:  HP Spectre x360 13" late 2018

Core i7 8550U • 16GB DDR3 RAM • 512GB NVMe SSD • 13" 1920x1080p 120 Hz IPS touchscreen • dual Thunderbolt 3

I've reseated the ram and unplugged the PSU a bunch of times... I don't think that's the problem. I realize i need to reset the BIOS as the first course of action. Thanks

When buying a new PSU is there something I have to know in terms of compatibility with my motherboard or such... or does it not really matter?  

Just now, BeanerBandit said:

I've reseated the ram and unplugged the PSU a bunch of times... I don't think that's the problem. I realize i need to reset the BIOS as the first course of action. Thanks

When buying a new PSU is there something I have to know in terms of compatibility with my motherboard or such... or does it not really matter?  

@vojta.pokorny

25 minutes ago, BeanerBandit said:

So I gave up 2 years passed

So....your system died *two* years ago???

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

So....your system died *two* years ago???

Yes but not really relevant haha please help

4 minutes ago, BeanerBandit said:

Yes but not really relevant haha please help

I just wanted to make sure I read you right...

The system has been sitting dormant for 2 years.

Ok, so, in detail, be exact.

You turn the system on.

What happens next?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

If you have a spare PSU, you can give it a try, otherwise reseting BIOS (CMOS reset).

May have had a fuse in CPU melt if there was any kind of power surge

3 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

I just wanted to make sure I read you right...

The system has been sitting dormant for 2 years.

Ok, so, in detail, be exact.

You turn the system on.

What happens next?

Well after the 2 years the system turns on and I know this because I see the light and I hear the fans and such but after me messing around with the boot menu it is just a black screen. But before hibernation, there was blue error screen which I can't remember exactly what it said because it was two years ago.

But much like the photo below, there was the boot menu and I was moving around the order in which the components boot up and now as mentioned before the monitor remains a blank black screen. So I must have moved something around that needed to be started up first.  

Hope this helps... 

MSI_SnapShot_001.jpg

11 minutes ago, BeanerBandit said:

Well after the 2 years the system turns on and I know this because I see the light and I hear the fans and such but after me messing around with the boot menu it is just a black screen. But before hibernation, there was blue error screen which I can't remember exactly what it said because it was two years ago.

But much like the photo below, there was the boot menu and I was moving around the order in which the components boot up and now as mentioned before the monitor remains a blank black screen. So I must have moved something around that needed to be started up first.  

Hope this helps... 

MSI_SnapShot_001.jpg

You make my head hurt.

Does the system power up to BIOS? I am confused by your post.

A simple yes or no to the following questions:

Do you get a POST screen when you power up the system?

If so, can you get into BIOS?

Also try reseating and unplugging/plugging back the GPU as this CPU AFAIK doesn't have onboard graphics.

Make sure all connections are solid. Try another GPU/monitor if you can.

Try unplugging everything unnecessary to see if you can even get to BIOS. Also take out most of the RAM and try swapping it around into different slots.

Make sure the system detects all SATA devices by swapping around the cable.

If you happen to have an extra drive, another computer and a spare USB drive, try downloading the Windows instalation media and booting off of that.

If your motherboard has a POST code display, pay close attention to its behaviour during booting - if it hangs on one specific code, resets after some code, keeps going through multiple etc.

Quote and/or tag people using @ otherwise they don't get notified of your response!

The HUMBLE Computer:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X • Noctua NH-U12A • ASUS STRIX X570-F • Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 • GIGABYTE Nvidia GTX1080 G1 • FRACTAL DESIGN Define C w/ blue Meshify C front • Corsair RM750x (2018) • OS: Kingston KC2000 1TB GAMES: Intel 660p 1TB DATA: Seagate Desktop 2TB • Acer Predator X34P 34" 3440x1440p 120 Hz IPS curved Ultrawide • Corsair STRAFE RGB Cherry MX Brown • Logitech G502 HERO / Logitech MX Master 3

Core i7 8550U • 16GB DDR3 RAM • 512GB NVMe SSD • 13" 1920x1080p 120 Hz IPS touchscreen • dual Thunderbolt 3

22 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Do you get a POST screen when you power up the system?

If so, can you get into BIOS?

NO

NO

9 minutes ago, BeanerBandit said:

NO

NO

Afraid you might need to take it to a repair shop for diagnostics. One or more of the key components apparently fried, or gave up now.

The HUMBLE Computer:

11 minutes ago, BeanerBandit said:

NO

NO

Ok, so the system doesn't even power on.

Probably a bad power supply at the very least. Originally it sounded like it *might* have been a bad hard drive, but now...

Take the PC outside, blow out all dust whit compressed air.

Take everything out except the following (or leave unplugged)

CPU, 1 stick of RAM

Power Supply connected to the motherboard.

See if it'll power on and POST.