Nvidia control panel blocking access to settings changes

Go to solution Solved by Jasun,

Using DDU, uninstall your gpu drivers and then reinstall them from the NVIDIA Drivers page. (make sure to actually get the correct version; they wouldn't let you install without anyways; but still. 

Soooo, I noticed my laptop was slowing down quite a bit, especially when I've been gaming. Normally i'd turn the other way as the laptop is around 3-4 years old now, but when it started having trouble with csgo, on low-ish settings, I decided to check it out, and while glancing at my task manager, noticed that only my Integrated Intel HD graphics were being used instead of the Gtx 960M my laptop comes with. 

I then went online and followed the steps to change the settings for which gpu was used. To my dismay however, when i tried to set my High-performance NVIDIA processor as my preferred graphics processor, I was met with a wonderful message stating "access denied" (also tried this step using the "run as administrator" function and it gave the same result). In case it helps, you should find an attached image displaying both the error message, as well as the task manager performance tab.

I believe this only started happening after I updated my GPU through Geforce experience, however considering I havent properly used this laptop for the past 5 months or so at least, I can not be sure.

Most solves I found online are concerning a 2015 and 2016 Geforce experience update that caused it, but I have seen 0 recent threads, which is why I thought to post here before trying anything else.

Any and all help would be extremely appreciated

gpu problem.png

Using DDU, uninstall your gpu drivers and then reinstall them from the NVIDIA Drivers page. (make sure to actually get the correct version; they wouldn't let you install without anyways; but still. 

"May your frame rates be high and your temperatures low"

I misread titles/posts way too often--correct me if I don't.

8 hours ago, Jasun said:

Thank you very much, everything works wonderfully now.