Windows 10 Terribly Corrupt

So I have a copy of Windows 10 education, and after upgrading my pc, my ddr4 ram was causing issues. I got it replaced, but that didn't fix built in os errors. Lots of things don't work right, consistent crashes (I bet Fire fox will crash while typing), BSOD's (MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, Some others) It is so badly damaged that the built in recovery tools fail. I am trying to use the creation tool to upgrade the pc here, after I will burn a DVD. Any thoughts? I have used whocrashed and blue screen view, and neither nailed down a driver.

Ryzen 5 1600

R7 370

Corsair Value select DDR4

Asus B350 motherboard

Go at another BSOD while typing update, (Page fault in non paged area)

The tool I installed is is no different from another disk I made (which also fails) I might just use my windows 7 disk. Can codes be used for multiple PCs? Also, if I got windows 7 to install, could I use that as a launch pad to get win 10 back? In the mean time, uninstalling all unnecessary items (rip steam)

edit, going to get and test avast. Why not?

edit edit: you know, I am going to just test avast, then I’m going to bed.

Your post is bit confusing. What was the system you had before? Have tried doing clean install?

And as for key, is it connected to your MS account? If not, you need to call MS and explain why you changed mobo.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I used to have straight windows 10 home, then I made the mistake of activating education edition that I got for free from my hs. I have the education edition key. Would I be able to call Microsoft and have them re-instate my standard windows 10 digital license? I have tried clean install. The install disk gives me an error about liscensing failure regardless if I enter in the education key or if I click “I don’t have a key”. Do I need to wipe my drive before reinstalling?

edit: Old system: A10 6700 on OEM mb with R7 370

What I was asking is if I could activate windows 7 with a key for my family pc, then upgrade to win 10 later?

On 18/05/2018 at 2:24 PM, Zentuckyfriedchicken said:

What I was asking is if I could activate windows 7 with a key for my family pc, then upgrade to win 10 later?

I wouldn't. If you can make new USB. I think education needs its own ISO and is different from normal Home version. It should just go without key with home edition iso. Also if previous Windows key was OEM that came with PC, it is locked to that mobo. So options are getting Education transferred somehow (haven't used those keys for OS, so can't give more detailed help) or getting new key at some point for fresh install.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I used to have windows 8 (ew) on the one board. Upgraded to win 10. Downgraded to Education edition (I have the key, mistake). I installed win 7 on my pc, I tried to use it but discovered Razer doesn’t fully support windows 7 so I have upgraded to win 10. It is working now.

22 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:
Spoiler

I wouldn't. If you can make new USB.

I think education needs its own ISO and is different from normal Home version.

Spoiler

It should just go without key with home edition iso. Also if previous Windows key was OEM that came with PC, it is locked to that mobo. So options are getting Education transferred somehow (haven't used those keys for OS, so can't give more detailed help) or getting new key at some point for fresh install.

If we're still talking about the Windows 10 iso, it contains all versions of Windows 10. During install your key will determine which it will install. If you choose the option that says "I don't have a product key" you will be prompted to select which edition of windows 10 you want to install.

There's no place like ~

Spoiler

Problems and solutions:

FreeNAS

Spoiler

Dell Server 11th gen

Spoiler

ESXI

Spoiler

2 hours ago, Razor Blade said:

If we're still talking about the Windows 10 iso, it contains all versions of Windows 10. During install your key will determine which it will install. If you choose the option that says "I don't have a product key" you will be prompted to select which edition of windows 10 you want to install.

I've just installed Win10 twice like within 1mo and didn't remember that :D

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

13 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

I've just installed Win10 twice like within 1mo and didn't remember that :D

Yup. Its really useful for messing with VMs in a home lab.

For anyone that doesn't know what I'm talking about the option to select windows version only shows up if you don't opt to type your product key. Here is a visual...

win10pic1.PNG.19a471619043b0002aec648194f79c67.PNG

win10pic2.PNG.05b09fb617c74ac56a4ecbbe7c931022.PNG

There's no place like ~

Spoiler

Problems and solutions:

FreeNAS

Spoiler

Dell Server 11th gen

Spoiler

ESXI

Spoiler

A little update, I am still getting blue screens. The errors that I can think of have been (system service exception) and rarely (memory management) I ran Memtest overnight, 8 passes and got 0 errors. Any input? Also I am considering just bringing my machine into the likes of geek squad, or some other computer repair, because these errors are annoying and I just want to play some steam games.

47 minutes ago, Zentuckyfriedchicken said:

A little update, I am still getting blue screens. The errors that I can think of have been (system service exception) and rarely (memory management) I ran Memtest overnight, 8 passes and got 0 errors. Any input? Also I am considering just bringing my machine into the likes of geek squad, or some other computer repair, because these errors are annoying and I just want to play some steam games.

Can you post your ram speed?

Well that RAM is on the QVL for that motherboard... Do you have just one stick or two? Have you tried switching RAM slots?

There's no place like ~

Spoiler

Problems and solutions:

FreeNAS

Spoiler

Dell Server 11th gen

Spoiler

ESXI

Spoiler

1 stick. I have switched slots. Think ram may be irrelevant now. I ran sic scan now and instead of BSOD as usual, it found and fixed errors.

3 errors have presented themselves. (Unexpected store exception) (PFN List Corrupt) (Bad pool header)

14 hours ago, Zentuckyfriedchicken said:

3 errors have presented themselves. (Unexpected store exception) (PFN List Corrupt) (Bad pool header)

It could be bad mobo. The one part that has been there over all the errors. If it was CPU, you'd have crashes too, but CPU is less likely to be issue. Sadly only way to troubleshoot is to use parts which are verified to be working.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Some of my research has shown memory controller circuit failure could cause issues also I. My first true diy pc build is showing terrible promise. I will contact Asus for support and (or) rma service.

Ironically, education edition gave you an education on Windows and PC's :D