PC Cuts Power And Does Not Power Back On

So I was just gaming on my custom rig and it suddenly cut off. I originally thought the surge protector tripped but it didn't so i troubleshooted. I noticed that the led's on my ASUS Prime B350 plus were not lighting up anymore. I tried everything from unplugging all power including the 24-pin and the CPU power cables and reaseated them, nothing! I tried a new cable on the power supply, nothing! I tried reseating the CPU, nothing, I tried to power it on without the GPU, nothing. I tried switching out the ram, nothing!!! My power supply is a corsair vs 400 watt. Unfortunately i don't have a spare motherboard or power supply to test the components, All the parts were brand new and i built this rig this year and this has never happened before. The only overclocking i did was on the ram from 2800 to 3000. Any advise on what to do????

Need help!!! 

Pat.   

First welcome to the LTT forums! OK, the issue is probably the MOBO or the PSU since they both together manage all the power that your PC consumes, from the sounds of it though you may have electrical damage, and if that is the case then your PC will slowly but surely fail as capacitors are overloaded, resistors fried, and instructors melt, and eventually transistor cook and die... hopefully that last thought is not the case because that would be dreadful.   

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

13 hours ago, patthelonewolf said:

So I was just gaming on my custom rig and it suddenly cut off. I originally thought the surge protector tripped but it didn't so i troubleshooted. I noticed that the led's on my ASUS Prime B350 plus were not lighting up anymore. I tried everything from unplugging all power including the 24-pin and the CPU power cables and reaseated them, nothing! I tried a new cable on the power supply, nothing! I tried reseating the CPU, nothing, I tried to power it on without the GPU, nothing. I tried switching out the ram, nothing!!! My power supply is a corsair vs 400 watt. Unfortunately i don't have a spare motherboard or power supply to test the components, All the parts were brand new and i built this rig this year and this has never happened before. The only overclocking i did was on the ram from 2800 to 3000. Any advise on what to do????

Need help!!! 

Pat.   

What are the specs of the system? 400 Watts is on the edge of being too small for most gaming rigs. You may have overloaded the PSU and it may have blown the fuse on the PSU board. You may also try resetting the CMOS. Could be a failsafe tripped, but if there are no indicators lights on the board, this is less likely.