Custom loop in a Silverstone rvz-03 mini itx case?

Go to solution Solved by W-L,
4 hours ago, kevinisbeast707 said:

Lol I figured I would have to but I didn't know if it'd be easier to cable manage with the Hardline going to the CPU since it'd be rigid tubing that wouldn't move.

once configured soft tube shouldn't flop around, you can get sleeved custom length cables which will probably be a must in such a small system or have original PSU cables that are extremely short with little slack in the length required. 

So my plan is to use an ekwb s240g kit since it has everything I'd need for a pretty decent price and the radiator is thin enough to fit (I measured), and then doing a hybrid hard/soft tubing loop since it'd be impossible to do hard tubing with how the GPU installs. I was wondering if anyone had any experience building a custom loop in an rvz-01(e), rvz-02, or rvz-03 and had anything that might help me on my journey?

I'd go all soft tubing, or use as much as I could. With no side panel window, there really isn't anything to show off, better to be safer with the more reliable soft tubing. Treat it basically as an AIO with an extension for your graphics card.

16 hours ago, kevinisbeast707 said:

So my plan is to use an ekwb s240g kit since it has everything I'd need for a pretty decent price and the radiator is thin enough to fit (I measured), and then doing a hybrid hard/soft tubing loop since it'd be impossible to do hard tubing with how the GPU installs. I was wondering if anyone had any experience building a custom loop in an rvz-01(e), rvz-02, or rvz-03 and had anything that might help me on my journey?

As said soft tube will be easier in a compact case build, it's not impossible to do hardline in a build like that but it needs to be planned and laid out very well. Be sure to order lots of adapters and fittings also since those will help a lot. 

On 5/17/2018 at 6:50 PM, W-L said:

As said soft tube will be easier in a compact case build, it's not impossible to do hardline in a build like that but it needs to be planned and laid out very well. Be sure to order lots of adapters and fittings also since those will help a lot. 

Lol I figured I would have to but I didn't know if it'd be easier to cable manage with the Hardline going to the CPU since it'd be rigid tubing that wouldn't move.

On 5/17/2018 at 5:28 PM, BeepBoop.PC said:

I'd go all soft tubing, or use as much as I could. With no side panel window, there really isn't anything to show off, better to be safer with the more reliable soft tubing. Treat it basically as an AIO with an extension for your graphics card.

Alright makes sense. Everyone just seems to have a hard on for hard tubing lately. X)

4 hours ago, kevinisbeast707 said:

once configured soft tube shouldn't flop around, you can get sleeved custom length cables which will probably be a must in such a small system or have original PSU cables that are extremely short with little slack in the length required. 

3 hours ago, W-L said:

Alright. Yeah I'm thinking of getting some cablemod sleeved cables for the Corsair sf600 because the 24pin cable it so barely long enough to reach to the top of my Mobo where the power connector is? also with the way it is it's covering up my rgb ram?

11 hours ago, kevinisbeast707 said:

Alright. Yeah I'm thinking of getting some cablemod sleeved cables for the Corsair sf600 because the 24pin cable it so barely long enough to reach to the top of my Mobo where the power connector is? also with the way it is it's covering up my rgb ram?

Sounds good. For such a small case just wondering how your planning to setup your pump/res there is not much space for anything extra. 

On 5/20/2018 at 12:52 PM, W-L said:

Sounds good. For such a small case just wondering how your planning to setup your pump/res there is not much space for anything extra. 

Well the plan was to put the pump and res down with the gpu and rad and just keep a mini itx form factor gpu or put it up next to the power supply and maybe make a custom bracket for both since the sfx supply has plenty of extra space since the case is designed for a full atx supply.

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/cYWD4D

here is a complete build using node 202, it is a simmilar layout to rvz-03

there is also a buildlog on overclock.net

CPU: i7 8700K OC 5.0 gHz, Motherboard: Asus Maximus VIII Hero (Z170), RAM: 32gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 mHz, GPU: Asus Strix OC gtx 1080ti, Storage: Samsung 950pro 500gb, samsung 860evo 500gb, 2x2Tb + 6Tb HDD,Case: Lian Li PC O11 dynamic, Cooling: Very custom loop.

CPU: i7 8700K, Motherboard Asus z390i, RAM:32gb g.skill RGB 3200, GPU: EVGA Gtx 1080ti SC Black, Storage: samsung 960evo 500gb, samsung 860evo 1tb (M.2) Case: lian li q37. Cooling: on the way to get watercooled (EKWB, HWlabs, Noctua, Barrow)

CPU: i7 9400F, Motherboard: Z170i pro gaming, RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 mHz, GPU: Sapphire Vega56 pulse with Bykski waterblock, Storage: wd blue 500gb (windows) Samsung 860evo 500Gb (MacOS), PSU Corsair sf600 Case: Motif Monument aluminium replica, Cooling: Custom water cooling loop

On 5/22/2018 at 9:01 AM, MaratM said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/cYWD4D

here is a complete build using node 202, it is a simmilar layout to rvz-03

there is also a buildlog on overclock.net

Thank you for that. I like the hardline tubing. I think I'll use hardline where I can just for the experience.

On 29.05.2018 at 3:48 PM, kevinisbeast707 said:

Thank you for that. I like the hardline tubing. I think I'll use hardline where I can just for the experience.

the build log is here on Ltt forum 

her is another one http://www.overclock.net/forum/18083-build-logs/1575102-sff-build-msi-980-ti-lightning-liquid-cooling-silverstone-ftz01.html

CPU: i7 8700K OC 5.0 gHz, Motherboard: Asus Maximus VIII Hero (Z170), RAM: 32gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 mHz, GPU: Asus Strix OC gtx 1080ti, Storage: Samsung 950pro 500gb, samsung 860evo 500gb, 2x2Tb + 6Tb HDD,Case: Lian Li PC O11 dynamic, Cooling: Very custom loop.

CPU: i7 8700K, Motherboard Asus z390i, RAM:32gb g.skill RGB 3200, GPU: EVGA Gtx 1080ti SC Black, Storage: samsung 960evo 500gb, samsung 860evo 1tb (M.2) Case: lian li q37. Cooling: on the way to get watercooled (EKWB, HWlabs, Noctua, Barrow)

CPU: i7 9400F, Motherboard: Z170i pro gaming, RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 mHz, GPU: Sapphire Vega56 pulse with Bykski waterblock, Storage: wd blue 500gb (windows) Samsung 860evo 500Gb (MacOS), PSU Corsair sf600 Case: Motif Monument aluminium replica, Cooling: Custom water cooling loop