Need a lot of help upgrading my pc

Mr XPG0

Hello its my first time owning a pc for gaming and i need a bit of help upgrading it  my main aim is to be able to play (COD black ops 3 Zombies)

I ran a test on (systemrequirementslab)  and it says a need a better video card systemrequirementslab

1. How Do I Go About Seeing If My PSU Can Handle A video Card And Not Go Over The Watt
  2. How do i go about founding out what video card will work on the Motherbord

Pc Info

Spoiler

Motherbord(MSI A320M PRO-VD/S) For More Info On The Bord(https://motherboarddb.com/motherboards/85/)

Processer (amd a10-9700 radeon r7, 10 compute cores 4c+6g)

Ram (8.00 GB 7.70GB USABLE) Corsair Vengeance LPX (2400 Mhz) Ver 3.31 8GB 1 stick

PSU (Thermaltake LTP-350AL2NK Black power supply unit - 350 watt) pic here of the info sticker (https://imgur.com/a/pCKhdRv)

System (windows 10 home 64 bit operating system x64-based processer)

CPU fan all i have for that is this(FHSA7015S-14607Y23t03R) From the sticker on the fan Have give it a google did not find anything

Case dont know what type it is all i have is this from the sticker on back (CG278660163586) Have give it a google did not find anything

If more info is needed let me know and i will try my best to find it

16 minutes ago, Mr XPG0 said:

Cut

Hide contents

You have an AM4 sock board, so you can upgrade your CPU to any of the ryzen processors including the newer APUs.  These will play the game you want or, wIth your PSU, you should be ok to put in a 1030-1050/ti or amd 560.  These  cards don't need a PCI power cable so they will work with the power supplied through the PCI slot.

Your CPU is pretty weak these days, but should be enough to play the game you want to play with an upgraded GPU.

Good Luck

Hi dude!

Yeah, you definitely need a better GPU. Luckily, you have a decent enough CPU. that'll be able to drive most of your choices. 

Now, there's a few things that you can do. First off, you could look into one of the new Ryzens with Vega integrated graphics. Don't be scared by the word integrated, there very respectable, and would offer the same performance of a graphics card that would't require a new PSU. You could either go for a R3 2200g, or a R5 2400g, which offer around GT1030 performance, graphics-wise. However, neither of these would offer that great performance in a high end title like BO3. You're looking at 30 or 45 on the 2200g and 2400g at lowest settings repectively. Furthermore, without fast ram, the integrated graphics will be severely limited. This means at least dual channel memory, which means buying another stick of what you already have. 

Your second option would be buying a dedicated graphics card. If you wanted to keep your current PSU, you could either go for a GT1030 (May as well get a 2400g, and get 1030 and 4 extra threads), maybe a 1050ti. If you wanted to splash some cash, you could buy a nice 80$ 750w PSU (futureproof and sli/xfire proof), and buy a GTX 970, 980, 1060, 1070, or beyond! 

Alternatively, you could buy a beta key for the new Geforce now beta. Or wait months on the waiting list. This would allow you to play any game you wanted ultra 60fps, no problems, granted your internet is decent, and you own the games. Another option is buying a whole new pc. You only have a a320 motherboard, which doesn't overclock or support multi GPU for the future, so you could buy a x370 motherboard, a nice new ryzen, and a rx 580 or something similar. You could keep your ram and everything though

Personally, I would recommend a PSU upgrade, to 500+, and a GTX 1050ti if you're on a budget, or anything above that, or an RX 560 or above. The PSU would allow further upgrading to be possible, and your CPU is comparable to a 2500k, which is a beast of a cpu. Don't let anyone else tell you otherwise. Your CPU is good up until a 1060 3gb edition. 

Good luck!

42 minutes ago, TheGlenlivet said:

You have an AM4 sock board, so you can upgrade your CPU to any of the ryzen processors including the newer APUs.  These will play the game you want or, wIth your PSU, you should be ok to put in a 1030-1050/ti or amd 560.  These  cards don't need a PCI power cable so they will work with the power supplied through the PCI slot.

Your CPU is pretty weak these days, but should be enough to play the game you want to play with an upgraded GPU.

Good Luck

Thank you for the help am stuck on £100 budget till next year would this be a good 1050 to grab to last me till then

30 minutes ago, Uberdude said:

Hi dude!

Yeah, you definitely need a better GPU. Luckily, you have a decent enough CPU. that'll be able to drive most of your choices. 

Now, there's a few things that you can do. First off, you could look into one of the new Ryzens with Vega integrated graphics. Don't be scared by the word integrated, there very respectable, and would offer the same performance of a graphics card that would't require a new PSU. You could either go for a R3 2200g, or a R5 2400g, which offer around GT1030 performance, graphics-wise. However, neither of these would offer that great performance in a high end title like BO3. You're looking at 30 or 45 on the 2200g and 2400g at lowest settings repectively. Furthermore, without fast ram, the integrated graphics will be severely limited. This means at least dual channel memory, which means buying another stick of what you already have. 

Your second option would be buying a dedicated graphics card. If you wanted to keep your current PSU, you could either go for a GT1030 (May as well get a 2400g, and get 1030 and 4 extra threads), maybe a 1050ti. If you wanted to splash some cash, you could buy a nice 80$ 750w PSU (futureproof and sli/xfire proof), and buy a GTX 970, 980, 1060, 1070, or beyond! 

Alternatively, you could buy a beta key for the new Geforce now beta. Or wait months on the waiting list. This would allow you to play any game you wanted ultra 60fps, no problems, granted your internet is decent, and you own the games. Another option is buying a whole new pc. You only have a a320 motherboard, which doesn't overclock or support multi GPU for the future, so you could buy a x370 motherboard, a nice new ryzen, and a rx 580 or something similar. You could keep your ram and everything though

Personally, I would recommend a PSU upgrade, to 500+, and a GTX 1050ti if you're on a budget, or anything above that, or an RX 560 or above. The PSU would allow further upgrading to be possible, and your CPU is comparable to a 2500k, which is a beast of a cpu. Don't let anyone else tell you otherwise. Your CPU is good up until a 1060 3gb edition. 

Good luck!

Thank you for the help am stuck on £100 budget till next year would what would be the best option till then

2 minutes ago, Mr XPG0 said:

Thank you for the help am stuck on £100 budget till next year would this be a good 1050 to grab to last me till then

If you can find a TI for 100 that would be a better buy.  It is a better all around card and still fits under your PSU limitations.