Running two GPU?

Foxtrosky

Hey guys back again with a question.

I plan on pursuing a technical degree obviously following the on the lines of programming, 3D modeling, and the like. Now in a video released around February Linus recommended the use of a I7-8700K, a Quadro 4000, and at least 16 GBs of RAM, two of which are going into a new gaming rig that I am currently saving up to you can probably tell which two. Now is there a way to run the computer where its using the better graphics card for gaming (In my case a 1060 6GB until a newer model comes out) for when I want to play my games. Then switch it to where its using the Quadro for any work flow that should come up.

Though onto a separate question. I do plan on starting up youtube and streaming. Would the Quadro make for a good graphics card for this process?

Do you mean quadro p4000? cause the quadro 4000 is a old fermi card.

The quadro q4000 is faster than the 1060 in gaming, its a bit slower than a 1070 in games.

For most school work a geoforce card will be fine, otherwise the school normally has workstations you can use

As long as it's a fairly recent Quadro such as the above mentioned P4000, you should be fine.

Honestly, Quadros are pretty capable gaming cards. I wouldn't worry about losing performance while gaming on one.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!