Windows 10 Build 1803 New Partition

HeyIAmInfinity
Go to solution Solved by HeyIAmInfinity,

After looking it up it seems to be the "hidden recovery partition" that now has a drive letter assigned to it and it is shown in the explorer as drive F.

So I will probably hide it so that the annoying pop up, disk almost full, stop appearing.

It just feel strange that an update did this but seems pretty common, as i found some articles about it when i searched for it.

If anyone is looking for a way to remove the drive letter without deleting the recovery drive:

Hi everyone, i update windows last night and now it shows a new partition.

I would like to know if this can be deleted or at least moved to another drive and mostly WTF it is.

16 hours ago, HeyIAmInfinity said:

Hi everyone, i update windows last night and now it shows a new partition.

I would like to know if this can be deleted or at least moved to another drive and mostly WTF it is.

There's no way windows update created a partition. 

It doesn't do that.

Where are you seeing this?

If you're looking in disk management and seeing a "system reserved" partition, that's normal.

If all of a sudden you have a new partition under "my computer", then I'd be asking others who use the computer why they created a partition, because that's the only way I could see that happening.

You can't move a partition to another drive because partitions are you breaking up the drive into different chunks. That partition is part of the drive. You can delete partitions and extend the original partition, but that never works on system drives so if that's what you're talking about, get that idea out of your head unless you feel like reinstalling windows.

After looking it up it seems to be the "hidden recovery partition" that now has a drive letter assigned to it and it is shown in the explorer as drive F.

So I will probably hide it so that the annoying pop up, disk almost full, stop appearing.

It just feel strange that an update did this but seems pretty common, as i found some articles about it when i searched for it.

If anyone is looking for a way to remove the drive letter without deleting the recovery drive: