Specs:

Cooler Master masterlite 5 case

Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming mobo

Intel I7 8700k

CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo cooler

Asus ROG Geforce GTX 1070

G.Skill Ripjaws V 16gigs memory

Samsung 960 Evo 500gig m.2

Ok, so my wife has started streaming using streamlabs, i figured it would be fine our internet is decent and she's just streaming at 780p60fps. After 30 minutes or so i notice her frames drop from 140 to about 30 and below. So after troubleshooting making sure all the streamlab settings are good its still doing it! So i figured it has to be two things, me not knowing enough about stream labs so i have to tweak more settings, or possibly since it doesn't happen right away it could be her pc is getting too warm. I check in the bios and make sure the fans are set aggressively and i noticed that it doesn't seem my mobo knows how fast these fans can spin.  It says for my coolermaster evo that it's max rpm's is 1300. But on their website it says it can go up to 2000rpm. And my case fans are also pwm and they only max out at 1300rpm. So i tried installing Speedfan to see if i could tweak the fans a bit and for some reason it cannot find my fans. Also Gigabyte has this program called SIV. It has a feature that "calibrates" the fans in my rig, that also didn't work it says may fans only go to about 1300rpm. Anyone else run into this issue? If i have to I will buy a fan controller but I would like to try and fix it as is first.

speedfan isnt particularly novice friendly (at least there's an interface) because the settings menu is complex. Did you tap into the configure menu, advanced tab and set the PWM modes of the motherboard fan headers?

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

9 hours ago, DanfordTheGreat said:

Doesn't show me any fan headers,

Speedfan has issue with some newer mobos. Seems like your is one of them. And Gigabyte isn't known for best support for fan control either. Your options are really limited.

But you say issues might be temp related. Have you actually check how temps are? That CPU is known to be hot, and if you aren't OCing it, you could just use manual voltages and solve temp issue with that.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I would like to upgrade the cooling solution soon, Its just a 30$ cooler master air cooler. Have had my eye on an all in one loop setup like the corsair hiv100 v2 or something similar. I have not monitored the temps because every time its being used she's using it and way too distracted to listen to what i have to say, lol. Next time she streams I'm gonna have to sneak open speedfan and watch the temps on her second monitor. I'm not OCing it i don't really think it needs to be, honestly i think oc would make the issue worse. All i have done to modify the performance is XMP, but that just effects the ram speed. I also forgot to get a decent thermal paste while i was at microcenter, it may be worthwhile for me to get some artic silver or something better since I'm just using the stock thermal paste that came with the cooler.

8 hours ago, DanfordTheGreat said:

I would like to upgrade the cooling solution soon, Its just a 30$ cooler master air cooler. Have had my eye on an all in one loop setup like the corsair hiv100 v2 or something similar. I have not monitored the temps because every time its being used she's using it and way too distracted to listen to what i have to say, lol. Next time she streams I'm gonna have to sneak open speedfan and watch the temps on her second monitor. I'm not OCing it i don't really think it needs to be, honestly i think oc would make the issue worse. All i have done to modify the performance is XMP, but that just effects the ram speed. I also forgot to get a decent thermal paste while i was at microcenter, it may be worthwhile for me to get some artic silver or something better since I'm just using the stock thermal paste that came with the cooler.

There are several software with logging for temps. You really need to know peaks anyway. Install MSI Afterburner, set it to log into file and check file afterwards.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv