xps 13 or xps 15 for college?

Which laptop would be more comfortable for a college setting. Might be using cad software on it even though I have a desktop I am commuting so I might need to use it on the laptop. People tell me a 15 in laptop is too big. Opinions on this?

2 minutes ago, Mike2121 said:

Which laptop would be more comfortable for a college setting. Might be using cad software on it even though I have a desktop I am commuting so I might need to use it on the laptop. People tell me a 15 in laptop is too big. Opinions on this?

How long is a piece of string?

In other words, the choice of laptops is going to greatly depend on what *you* like. Have you physically played with both? Which one has the best weight/feel/screen for you?

That's the one you take. 

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

I find 15" laptops to be too massive to use and commute with while my mother finds 13" laptops to have not enough screen area to get anything done on them.

My advice would be to try out both sizes somewhere (friend/peer or a store) to figure out which is the best for you. 

I'd say a 13" is really too small. Especially if you want to do CAD stuffs the less-shit cooling on 15" models is far and away worth it.

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

A 15.6" laptop isn't too big to carry if it has thin bezels like the XPS 15, Yoga 720 15, HP Spectre x360 15, UX550, and so on. It actually isn't much bigger than a 13.3" laptop with some bezels like the UX305, which many students own.

screensizes.thumb.png.206ff74fa7fdc852a02d9bad68049f08.png

But it might get cumbersome if you often need to use paper at the same time, if your college has tiny tables, or if students need to sit very close to each other. Unless you're in one of these situations, I'd say get a 15.6" laptop. I'm about to spend a year away from my desktop, and I'll most likely be taking one with me.