Does Synergy want money?

I could be wrong with this, if anything here I say may not be true feel free to correct me. With that out of the way does Synergy want money?

This is my findings. Since I purchased Synergy 1 when Linus advertised them on a video with a discount. So I went and bought the licence. After a while Synergy 2 came out and if I recall correctly they wanted me to pay again for Synergy 2. Now yesterday when I wiped windows on my PC to start fresh upon the installer download I could download Synergy 2 without any costs involved. I could be wrong but does Synergy want money? I would like to hear what other members here have to say.

If I recall correctly, their advertising said that future upgrades would be free to people who bought Synergy (1).

When Synergy 2 launched they wanted people to pay again. People were not happy because they thought upgrades would be free, and as a result they made the Synergy 1 licenses work with Synergy 2.

Basically, they tried to charge people for an update, people got pissed and they made Synergy 2 a free upgrade. 

1 minute ago, LAwLz said:

If I recall correctly, their advertising said that future upgrades would be free to people who bought Synergy (1).

When Synergy 2 launched they wanted people to pay again. People were not happy because they thought upgrades would be free, and as a result they made the Synergy 1 licenses work with Synergy 2.

Basically, they tried to charge people for an update, people got pissed and they made Synergy 2 a free upgrade. 

Can recall that too yes, and makes sense to what you're saying why they made Synergy 2 free to Synergy 1 members

18 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Would you recommend Synergy though?

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

1 minute ago, AluminiumTech said:

Yes, Synergy works awesome without any issues. I must say they did a good job. It works well with my Laptop's keyboard that broke to be able to use it and as  "extended desktop" I just felt its something to mention.

9 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

only if you have computers with different OSs. if you only have windows, just use Mouse without Borders

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

27 minutes ago, Sierra Fox said:

only if you have computers with different OSs. if you only have windows, just use Mouse without Borders

Is it worth setting it up if my PC has Ethernet but no WiFi and my laptop is on WiFi?

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

5 hours ago, yoyDIY said:

does Synergy want money?

I guess that's the goal of every commercial company: making profit. :P

They're not charity you know ;)

8 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

Is it worth setting it up if my PC has Ethernet but no WiFi and my laptop is on WiFi?

Yup. Still works fine

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

1 minute ago, Sierra Fox said:

Yup. Still works fine

really? cos I tried and it totally didn't work. 

8 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

really? cos I tried and it totally didn't work. 

That's how i have my desktop and laptop set up

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒