ASUS ROG Strix B350-F BIOS 4011 Issue's

I updated my BIOS from v3805 to v4011

I am facing a few issues and wouldnt like to know if anyone else is having these same issue.

I used the bios flash utltiy to update. It reset all my seetings back to factory apon flashing, which i knew it would I didnt apply any settings in bios, let it boot into windows, within 20 secs of being logged into Windows.

All screens went blank, keyboard lights went off, I held the power button down on the tower and it wouldnt shut up, I had to cut power to the PC using the stwitch in the PSU.

I booted the PC back up and everything seemed to be fine, I then run AI Suite 3 to let it do the overclock, befor the Flashing of the BIOS, it was able to hit a 4.0GHz overclock and was stable.

I let it run but the Max I can now get is 3.9GHz, befor it crashes. Each time I run it, gives me a different overclock, lowest was 3.7GHz, using the same  settings to run the overclock.

I am also still getting random times where I will lose all screens and keyboard like what I got after a flashed the BIOS. Requireing me to cut all power to the PC to get it back working.

Is anyone else suffering with this issue on this new BIOS release?

Also can I install a older BIOS back onto my System, I know some motherboards now let you.

Any help would be great.

I believe you can rollback a BIOS update by flashing an earlier version just as you would flash any other version.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

i updated by b350-f the other day to v4011 and no issues with what you are describing. but if anything occurs i'll post here

as for a solution, i know there is a way to recover BIOS. check the manual 

I reflash my BIOS back to v3805 and the issue with lossing my screens still persisted, so updated it back to the lastest. So not sure whats going on, rather annoying as it only started when I updated the BIOS, I still can not get a 4GHz overclock either since the update. Max I can get is 3.9GHz.

I have a Ryzen 7 1700X.

I am now wondering ifs it windows playing up since I updaed the BIOS, I know some poeple have been having issue with the lastest Windows Update.

Starting to think that maybe a clean install of windows might be in order to see if it was a mixture of many things causing it.

Sometimes its like looking for a needle in a heystack when it comes to random PC Problems.

• 4 weeks later...

Same windows black screen  with me but figured out it is due to new windows update and NVDIA driver issue. Even after windows 10 1803 random windows explorer crash is going on. 

I don't what what is going on with Microsoft but for many People say Windows 10 is great, in my personal view.

Windows 10 is starting to be the worst, even worse than Windows 98 that got the award for being the most bugged OS.

The issues are getting worse not better. Add that with this is the last Windows they are making, just going to be updating it, God Help Us.

If this was a new company it would have died very quickly, but because windows is basically in nearly everything, they can get away with bring out bugged crap that shouldn't of even passed Quality Control.

It makes running benchmarking very hard, Makes getting the ideal Overclock hard as it can be fine then you update and bang crashes.

Someone needs to bring out a OS that you have on a USB stick, purely for benchmarking.

Think some benchmarking company needs to get a decent Linux distro, bundle it with pre installed benchmarking software.

Think many system builders would buy this. I know many use different software so maybe do a joint effort because currently Windows Sucks and not going to get much better it seem

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/13/2018 at 10:13 AM, Lonewolf12016 said:

I reflash my BIOS back to v3805 and the issue with lossing my screens still persisted, so updated it back to the lastest. So not sure whats going on, rather annoying as it only started when I updated the BIOS, I still can not get a 4GHz overclock either since the update. Max I can get is 3.9GHz.

I have a Ryzen 7 1700X.

I am now wondering ifs it windows playing up since I updaed the BIOS, I know some poeple have been having issue with the lastest Windows Update.

Starting to think that maybe a clean install of windows might be in order to see if it was a mixture of many things causing it.

Sometimes its like looking for a needle in a heystack when it comes to random PC Problems.

Did you happen to figure out the issue? I’m having the same issue and I just rolled back my bios and hopefully that was the case.