Phone stuck on "installing system update"

Ruwaaid

So my shitty as galaxy s6 edge crashed on me during a match of PUBG and got stuck on a boot cycle, it would boot till the samsung logo comes up and gets stuck on "SAM" from there it would go black and repeat, after some research i tried to launch recovery mode by holding the home key+ power key+ volume up simultaneously, from there i was greeted by a little green guy with the message "installing system update" he disappeared after a minute and again i was stuck in a boot cycle, frustrated now i attempted to enter recovery mode again and was greeted by the green friend again, but now he doesn't seem to want to leave, so my s6 edge is now reduced to 2 things, my little green friend and my lovely pink stripe that comes and goes at her own time (whole other issue*).

what i want to know is how to get rid of the green guy who has now been with me for almost an hour.

TO CLARIFY, my phone is stuck with the message "installing system update" along with the android logo after attempting to enter recovery mode after the phone crashed and got stuck in a boot up loop.