How do I improve my audio on stream?

andybeech

Hi all 

So iv been streaming for a while now on and off on Twitch and youtube and probably as many streamers find them self doing change my setup quite often and end up with problems a long the way that i try to fix by changing stuff around. The thing is im quite happy with how my setup is now however im now struggling with the sound as the audio from my pc seems to make so odd noises on stream so ether cutting in and out or making a horrible buzzing sound. Im currently using a 2 pc setup here are the specs: Gaming Rig, Gigabyte b250-HD3p Intel i5 7500 Nvidia 1060GTX 3gb OC Windforce 8gb ram want to upgrade this Sound blaster z (now im not sure if this is the issue) 120gb SSD 1TB HDD Stream Rig; Gigabyte GA-ds3 AMD FX-6100 Black edition 12gb ram 1tb hdd 760GTX windforce oc Avermedia c985 im also using a switch and splitter for my consoles to the capture card which the gaming rig is plugged into, as well as using a mixer to use with my condenser microphone, i am currently running the sound from the gaming pc to the mixer as I keep having issues trying get the sound to stream rig via HDMI. If anyone could give me some tips or ideas how to fix this or improve be very welcome please be nice :D Thanks

Gaming rig: Windows 10 Home 64bit Gigabyte z370 hd3p Intel I5 8600k 16Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 240gb SSD & 1tb HDD Sound Blaster z, 2070 RTX windforce, Cooler Master Cosmos Case

Stream rig: Windows 10 Home 64bit, Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3, Amd FX 6100, 12gb mix ddr3 ram, 1060 3gb gtx windforce oc, avermedia c985, 120gb ssd, 500gb HDD, 

7 minutes ago, andybeech said:

Hi all 

So iv been streaming for a while now on and off on Twitch and youtube and probably as many streamers find them self doing change my setup quite often and end up with problems a long the way that i try to fix by changing stuff around. The thing is im quite happy with how my setup is now however im now struggling with the sound as the audio from my pc seems to make so odd noises on stream so ether cutting in and out or making a horrible buzzing sound. Im currently using a 2 pc setup here are the specs: Gaming Rig, Gigabyte b250-HD3p Intel i5 7500 Nvidia 1060GTX 3gb OC Windforce 8gb ram want to upgrade this Sound blaster z (now im not sure if this is the issue) 120gb SSD 1TB HDD Stream Rig; Gigabyte GA-ds3 AMD FX-6100 Black edition 12gb ram 1tb hdd 760GTX windforce oc Avermedia c985 im also using a switch and splitter for my consoles to the capture card which the gaming rig is plugged into, as well as using a mixer to use with my condenser microphone, i am currently running the sound from the gaming pc to the mixer as I keep having issues trying get the sound to stream rig via HDMI. If anyone could give me some tips or ideas how to fix this or improve be very welcome please be nice :D Thanks

It could be either electronic noise, or maybe the possible lack of a pop filter. An audio recording would be nice for debugging this issue.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

22 minutes ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

It could be either electronic noise, or maybe the possible lack of a pop filter. An audio recording would be nice for debugging this issue.

Thanks and I have got a foam filter that goes over the mic would a disk style one be better, also I have a YouTube video with the sound.

you can hear the sound at the start of the video.

Gaming rig: Windows 10 Home 64bit Gigabyte z370 hd3p Intel I5 8600k 16Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 240gb SSD & 1tb HDD Sound Blaster z, 2070 RTX windforce, Cooler Master Cosmos Case

Stream rig: Windows 10 Home 64bit, Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3, Amd FX 6100, 12gb mix ddr3 ram, 1060 3gb gtx windforce oc, avermedia c985, 120gb ssd, 500gb HDD, 

8 minutes ago, andybeech said:

Thanks and I have got a foam filter that goes over the mic would a disk style one be better, also I have a YouTube video with the sound.

you can hear the sound at the start of the video.

Thanks! What mic are you using?

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

17 minutes ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

Thanks! What mic are you using?

Not at home to check but think it is the bm-800 condensor microphone running through behringer q802usb using xlr cables.

2 hours ago, andybeech said:

Not at home to check but think it is the bm-800 condensor microphone running through behringer q802usb using xlr cables.

Ok, yeah. this is above my head. Sorry.

18 minutes ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

Ok, yeah. this is above my head. Sorry.

Ok thanks anyone you know would be able to help me.

Bump: sorry does anyone else know how to help please

Bump sorry anyone can help me thank you