CMD Prompt issue

Trying to re-lock my bootloader on my Google Pixel (so I can set up Google Pay) and in order to do so, I need to access the SDK platform-tools file. Un-fucking-fortunately when I run the necessary commands (cd desktop>platform-tools) it doesn't work like it's supposed to; I can't access any files, I found after further testing, on my desktop using the aforementioned commands. Granted, I can access the desktop itself using the cd desktop command but I'm unable to open any of the files on the desktop.  It's always worked in the past, obviously since my bootloader is unlocked in the first place (wrote a guide on it and how to update your android version) so I know these are the proper steps in the process. Is this a common issue? What could be going wrong?

The Louvre

Lian-Li PC-O11 DW   |   ZOTAC RTX 2080   |   Core i5 9600k   |   SeaSonic FOCUS Plus 650W Platinum   |   MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon  |  2x16Gb TRIDENT Z ROYAL  |   2xSX8200 240Gb NVME SSD's  |   1x Seagate Firecuda 1TB   |   EVGA Closed Loop Cooler 280mm   |   1x MSI MPG27C Monitor

What kind of error do you get?

Why aren't you using PowerShell?

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

1 minute ago, Alec M said:

Try: cd desktop\platform tools

1 minute ago, jj9987 said:

What kind of error do you get?

Why aren't you using PowerShell?

http://prntscr.com/jgzgm5  This is the error I get in PowerShell, I just prefer CMD prompt. I've always used it, especially at work when our windows 7 machine has difficulty with it's graphical file interface, firing up CMD to access files thru our server is much quicker.

The Louvre

Lian-Li PC-O11 DW   |   ZOTAC RTX 2080   |   Core i5 9600k   |   SeaSonic FOCUS Plus 650W Platinum   |   MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon  |  2x16Gb TRIDENT Z ROYAL  |   2xSX8200 240Gb NVME SSD's  |   1x Seagate Firecuda 1TB   |   EVGA Closed Loop Cooler 280mm   |   1x MSI MPG27C Monitor

Vanilla CMD just runs lighter. I don't need the fancy pants interface, just the prompt.

The Louvre

are you just trying to get to the platform tools folder to run ADB and Fastboot?

5 minutes ago, Alec M said:

Try: cd desktop\platform-tools

Thank you, I can't believe I didn't try that. I've tried every other command, this appears to have worked. What is different about running this command? Isn't it the same thing as cd desktop and then typing platform-tools?

The Louvre

2 minutes ago, Alec M said:

are you just trying to get to the platform tools folder to run ADB and Fastboot?

Yeah, that's all. I've done it a million times, I don't understand why it's now different.

The Louvre

5 minutes ago, CharminUltraStrong said:

Isn't it the same thing as cd desktop and then typing platform-tools?

Yeah, mostly.

Whenever you use the cd command, adding a directory after it such as C:\Users\user1\Downloads\ will take you to the last folder in that string.

I've never heard of using a symbol like this > to do the same thing

Just now, Alec M said:

Yeah, mostly.

Whenever you use the cd command, adding a directory after it such as C:\Users\user1\Downloads\ will take you to the last folder in that string.

I've never heard of using a symbol like this > to do the same thing

http://prntscr.com/jgzkrn  the > is auto-inserted after running cd desktop but in the text, I was simply using it to point to the command I used next, apologies for the confusion. Still doesn't make sense to me, why this command does not work because it ALWAYS has.

The Louvre

1 minute ago, CharminUltraStrong said:

http://prntscr.com/jgzkrn  the > is auto-inserted after running cd desktop but in the text, I was simply using it to point to the command I used next, apologies for the confusion. Still doesn't make sense to me, why this command does not work because it ALWAYS has.

Oh, I see the issue

You have to run cd in front of platform-tools again

1 minute ago, Alec M said:

Oh, I see the issue

You have to run cd in front of platform-tools again

Wait I tried this twice and it didn't work, but it's working now. Doing cd desktop and then cd platform-tools WORKS. I know it didn't before because that was the 2nd command I tried, sigh.

The Louvre

That > arrow just indicates the place where you can start writing your command.

cd is used for changing directories and in Windows, backslash "\" is used for separating directories. You can cd one step at a time or multiple, when using backslashes.

So C:\Users\User\Documents would be path from C to Users to User to Documents. Moving step back is possible with two dots ".."

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+