which one?

tomy suur
Go to solution Solved by will2135,

there is not really a big performance difference at all. I would recommend whatever looks better in your build 

hello

im bulding a pc and i wana buy gtx 1080 but i want to buy MSI GTX 1080 GAMING X  660€ and i found out that Zotac GF GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME 670€ is more powerful and a bit more expensive in my region 

i need little help to decide

4 minutes ago, tomy suur said:

hello

im bulding a pc and i wana buy gtx 1080 but i want to buy MSI GTX 1080 GAMING X  660€ and i found out that Zotac GF GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME 670€ is more powerful and a bit more expensive in my region 

i need little help to decide

Whichever one is cheaper, or that you like the design of more.  All 1080s are withing a few FPS of each other.  There isn't a huge difference in performance unless you are going to a record OC or alternative cooling.

Pick the one you like best and think looks better color wise...you will have the same experience with both cards. They both perform great!

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Pick whichever one looks the best for you, I personally have the AMP Extreme because I like how it looks and it was on sale iirc.

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

4 minutes ago, TheGlenlivet said:

Whichever one is cheaper, or that you like the design of more.  All 1080s are withing a few FPS of each other.  There isn't a huge difference in performance unless you are going to a record OC or alternative cooling.

i do a little bit oc

there is not really a big performance difference at all. I would recommend whatever looks better in your build 

Pc Specs

CPU: I7 6700k 4.5Ghz  Motherboard: Asus Z170-A Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4  Cpu Cooler: Corsair H100i v2  Storage: Crucial MX300 525GB/Hitachi Deskstar 3TB  Graphics Card: GTX 1080 Founders Edition Case: Corsair 750D Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 850w Keyboard: Corsair k70 Mouse: rival 300 

Just now, tomy suur said:

i do a little bit oc

Both of those cards will OC up to about 2K mhz.  After that the best one will go to 2.1, maybe.  WIth the fans at full speed. 

The difference in performance will be measurable by a benchmark, but not during game play.

Like I said, pick the one you like the look of best.  The MSI has a very good, and quiet cooler.  I'd probably get that.

4 minutes ago, tomy suur said:

i do a little bit oc

If you want to OC I think the Zotac is a bit better. The AMP Extreme versions of Zotac have a bit beefier of a cooler than most other cards. Also it has 3 fans versus 2 for the MSI, so they will be able to run slower and quieter for the same cooling performance.

The AMP extreme does take up 3 slots versus I believe just 2 for the MSI. Meaning: it is a lot thicker than the MSI (which is why it cools better: bigger heatsink). So you might want to check your motherboard layout and case to see if it will fit.

I would go for the Zotac personally. But if you like the red and black color scheme better, the MSI is a perfectly fine card as well.

all GP104's perform the same... so really all you're buying is a cooler and some fans.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

I'd say it's worth $10 for the better cooler.

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

37 minutes ago, maartendc said:

If you want to OC I think the Zotac is a bit better. The AMP Extreme versions of Zotac have a bit beefier of a cooler than most other cards

2 minutes ago, orbitalbuzzsaw said:

I'd say it's worth $10 for the better cooler.

Beefier and bigger, not better. It doesn't perform well in noise normalised tests, and is outright terrible for VRM thermals. 

:)