All Java installations fail (offline, online jre or jdk)

SHOOK_Linus
Go to solution Solved by SHOOK_Linus,

Installed x64 version (for 32-bit computers) only limitation is RAM allowed to be used, it's set around 4GB for Java based processes Maximum, but I believe as long as you create an environment variable (google how to make this) with the name of "_JAVA_OPTIONS" and set the value to however much RAM your system has (i.e. for a 16GB RAM computer the value would be "-Xmx16000M") it should work uninterrupted. (all values are to be used without quotes)

I've been trying for the past hour to install java (after eclipse saying it wasn't) I uninstalled all my Javas that I had installed, and restarted my computer. Then I tried to install the online and offline jre and jdk most recent java installers for windows 10 x86 edition (on windows 10 64-bit). Every time, it comes up in a pop-up window and say "could not be installed program will exit" then I click ok and then the installer window itself says "Install failed error: 1603". This error suggests I download the offline installer which I've done about 4 times, and yes I've restarted my computer before trying to install the offline one (and unplugged my Ethernet) Please help, this is so annoying

Installed x64 version (for 32-bit computers) only limitation is RAM allowed to be used, it's set around 4GB for Java based processes Maximum, but I believe as long as you create an environment variable (google how to make this) with the name of "_JAVA_OPTIONS" and set the value to however much RAM your system has (i.e. for a 16GB RAM computer the value would be "-Xmx16000M") it should work uninterrupted. (all values are to be used without quotes)