Silverstone ST45SF-G and 770

Adrian_

Hi guys,

I was just wondering if the ST45SF-G would be able to run a EVGA Geforce GTX770 SC, 2GB and a 4670k, and if not could you please recommend another sfx power supply for the FT03-mini. Thanks in advance,

Adrian.

Hi guys,

I was just wondering if the ST45SF-G would be able to run a EVGA Geforce GTX770 SC, 2GB and a 4670k, and if not could you please recommend another sfx power supply for the FT03-mini. Thanks in advance,

Adrian.

Thats what the SteamBox runs... That has a GTX 780. It should be fine.

Gaming System: i7 3770k @4.6GHz, Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H, 8GB Corsair 1600MHz, 2 x MSI GTX 670 PE, Fractal R4, 256GB Crucial M4, Fractal Newton R3 1000W White

Steam Box: Xeon E3 1280 @ 3.5GHz, Intel S1200KP, 8GB Corsair White LP, 1x EVGA GTX 570, Fractal Node 304 White, 64GB Intel SSD, Fractal Tesla R2 650w White

Thats the SteamBox runs. That has a GTX 780. It should be fine.

Except steamboxes aren't overclocked I assume..?

Current rig: i5 4670K | GTX 670 | Asus Z87I-Pro | Silverstone Strider Plus 600W | Custom mITX case | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Samsung 840 120GB | G430 | CM Storm Quickfire Pro - MX Red | LG 21.5"

Thanks Havoc very much, do you think there would be any overclocking headroom (For the cpu and/or gpu)?

True....

Thanks Havoc very much, do you think there would be any overclocking headroom (For the cpu and/or gpu)?

As long as you are reasonably conservative with your voltage increases then you should be okay. Also unless you are running unrealistic load Stress tests on your CPU, GPU and other components in your system all at the same time you should be fine.   

Gaming System: i7 3770k @4.6GHz, Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H, 8GB Corsair 1600MHz, 2 x MSI GTX 670 PE, Fractal R4, 256GB Crucial M4, Fractal Newton R3 1000W White

Steam Box: Xeon E3 1280 @ 3.5GHz, Intel S1200KP, 8GB Corsair White LP, 1x EVGA GTX 570, Fractal Node 304 White, 64GB Intel SSD, Fractal Tesla R2 650w White

The cables included included usually indicate what it can handle. Ie, a 500w Psu won't have the cables for a SLI setup. Id use it as a rough guide

"if by "bass" you mean wet farts then yes, those are the razer crapkens"

Hi guys,

Adrian.

The Northwest Falcon Tiki has the Silverstone SFX 450w. Anandtech had made a review on it and they used a Titan and an i7-3770K oced to 4.6GHz: http://www.anandtech.com/show/6763/highend-meets-small-form-factor-geforce-titan-in-falcon-northwests-tiki/3

"At idle the Tiki benefits from tons of power gating on the two big consumers in the system (Intel's Core i7 and NVIDIA's GF Titan), my test system only drew 50.5W at the wall - that's actually less power than a slim Xbox 360 at idle. Under load it's a different story however. The Titan equipped Tiki pulled a peak of 323.5W, but sustained power consumption with a GPU heavy workload was 286.5W."

a 500w Psu won't have the cables for a SLI setup

Interestly enough, the Super Flower Golden Silent 500w, Kingwin Stryker 500w, and the Rosewill Silent Night 500w all has four PEG connectors for SLI/CFX capabilities. lol

But I guess they are consider to be an exception, as they are all the same premium unit internally that can function as a 600w Gold unit.

I just checked the power draw of the reference 780 and it is 250 watts, the same as the superclocked 770

Adrian

I just checked the power draw of the reference 780 and it is 250 watts, the same as the superclocked 770

Adrian

That's cool then :) Giving the 770 250W to work with would get you a fairly substantial overclock I'd imagine - even beyond the "superclock" of the card, as long as you don't push the volts any higher.

Current rig: i5 4670K | GTX 670 | Asus Z87I-Pro | Silverstone Strider Plus 600W | Custom mITX case | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Samsung 840 120GB | G430 | CM Storm Quickfire Pro - MX Red | LG 21.5"

• 2 weeks later...

i think it should be fine,

btw silverstone is releasing a 550w sfx psu on q1 2014,

but you can always fit a standard atx psu on it, ive done that,very easy but requies abit of thinking, but cable management is a nightmare because im using a non modular that time plus an aio liquid cooler,

btw, your card is a blower type right? if not, it will be hot in there